1,031 results
All reviews snooker table press club lovely boutique junior suite car park next door small hotel flinders street brick wall natural light tram stop turn down service pillow menu rooms are spacious room service rod laver arena free tram comfy bed
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Stayed 2 nights ,15th and 16th July. I would like to start with the staff were all friendly and looked after us very well. Dinner and service was fantastic. Breakfast very slow and things that were asked for were never received but the cooked breakfast was very good. The young ladies who looked after us were lovely and did there best as breakfast was very busy at that time. Our room 302, bathroom tiles / grout need a good clean as mould or dirt showing. In saying all this the room was big not to noisy as we did face Flinders street. Over all we had a very nice stay with some very nice staff from the time we booked in to when we left. We would return again.

Room tip: Room 302 can be a bit noisy with traffic noise if you are a light sleeper. But the traffic is not all night so not a huge problem for us.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Stojas,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Hotel Lindrum experience with us.

It was delightful to read that you had enjoyed a fantastic dinner and received such friendly and helpful service from the team during your stay. Thank you for making us aware of the housekeeping shortfall in the bathroom, we will be sure to resolve this.

Thank you again for your lovely feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Lindrum in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Our initial experiences at the hotel were far from what you'd expect at a five star rated hotel. Our taxi dropped us off right out the front, but there was no bellman to meet us to welcome us to the hotel or take our bags ... rather we had to lug them up the stairs to the foyer of the hotel.
After checking in, again no one offered to help us with our bags to the room. Of course, I'm totally fine to take my own bag, but at a five star hotel, you would expect the courtesy to be offered a hand.
The foyer is lovely, with double height ceilings, and is nicely decorated.
Our room was decent, with nice furnishings, however the window looked directly into a wall so having the blind open wasn't overly pleasant, and having it down provided little light into the room.
Upon returning to our room after dinner, there was a distinct smell as though someone had used our bathroom. A call downstairs advised us that there were no other rooms available, however they would send someone up to freshen up the room. A bit of air spray later, and that was all they could do. They advised us they may be able to move us the following night.
The following afternoon the stench was back, so we were advised they could move us to another room and to pack our bags. We did so, and a new room key was delivered to us, yet again there was NO help offered to move our bags to the other room. When the cleaning gentleman came to refresh the room, he kindly offered to help us (which was so kind of him to go out of his way).
The new room they put us in, was smaller than the first! And it looked directly into a carpark, so there was no chance of having an open blind! Again, we rang to ask to move rooms as we felt like we had been downgraded (!) and were told we could only have this one or our previous one (which still smelt!).
The following day we were kindly upgraded to a large airy room, and the manager on duty left us a bottle of wine to enjoy for our next two evenings. The new room was great, and it did redeem the awful experience we had had for our first two nights.
So a bad start .. but a good ending.
It may have just been an "off" couple of days for the hotel ... I'm not too sure.
Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Room tip: Ask for a room without a view into the carpark or a view into a wall!

Dear LostMe,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with the Hotel Lindrum Trip Advisor Community.
We appreciate your candid feedback and I am sorry to read that we did not deliver on your expectations on this occasion. We have been sure to look into the room shortfalls you experienced at the time and can assure you they have since been resolved. I am happy to hear that my team went out of their way to make your last few nights with us more comfortable and enjoyable. I would however like to sincerely welcome the opportunity for you to discuss your feedback further. You may contact me directly at 03 9668 1111.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Lindrum in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Lindrum would have rated 5 stars if it were not for very slow service with cooked breakfast (half hour wait) and difficult to adjust shower temperature and pressure. My room was large, very comfortable and quiet. It was well equipped with seating and lighting is excellent. There's a turn-down service (not on Sunday) with 'sleeptight' tea and biscuits. Complementary newspaper to the room. Continental breakfast has a good range and food from the restaurant is delicious. Location almost opposite galleries in Federation Square, 10 minutes to Bourke Street Mall and the NGV, tram stop opposite the entrance. Intimate bar and attractive foyer. Warm, friendly staff.

Room tip: Be aware that there is a 1.5% surcharge for credit card payments
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dear HookedOnTravel,

Firstly thank you for choosing Hotel Lindrum for your stay in Melbourne.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our rooms and all the little extras we provide. All of our team are committed to making our guests as comfortable as possible while they are with us.

Our breakfast is generally very well received by our guests. I am indeed sorry you endured a wait time, but am glad it was delicious when it arrived.

We do agree with you that we are in a great position and close to all the attractions that Melbourne has to offer.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 July 2016

It's a nice location within CBD and the room was clean, complete with all amenities required.
Plenty of good eateries nearby the hotel and staff is very friendly and helpful as they was checking if I need any extra info on the direction to a particular place since that was my first stay in the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and families.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mich_Syee,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with the trip adviser community. Our friendly team are always on hand to share their local knowledge, it was wonderful to hear that they had ensured your stay in Melbourne was a memorable one.

Thank you for recommending us, I am sure that your family and friends will enjoy Hotel Lindrum just as much as you have and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2016

We spent a night in the city. Great drink in the bar served by excellent staff. Saw an early play at Malthouse. Had best steak I'be ever had in hotel restaurant. Great room floor 3 facing Flinders st.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear NeilMc34,

Thank you for sharing your Hotel Lindrum experience. I was happy to hear that you received such excellent service from our team during your stay, I will be sure to pass on your regards.

I agree, our Felt Restaurant steak is delicious!

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes,