“Stylish, good value boutique hotel”

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #19 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here for one night for work and was pleasantly surprised on arrival. The lobby is elegant and inviting, and the staff on reception were very friendly. My room was a little crowded and a little worn, but nice and light and very well appointed. For a work stopover, the stationary items in the drawer were a nice touch!
The only thing that really let down my stay was the in-house restaurant. It just missed the mark on too many things: Service was friendly but very, very slow and not very attentive. I had to take cutlery off the preset table next to me after my meal was served without. The meal was fine, but there are many much better options within a short stroll, for a comparable or better price. Also, for a restaurant/bar with a beautiful lounge area and billiards table, I was really surprised when I was told they could not make me an Old Fashioned cocktail. A bit strange maybe, but it is my own personal measure of a good hotel (kind of like how many people judge a hotel on their club sandwiches!) and this is the first time I've ever been told it couldn't be made.
I'd probably stay here again, if the rate was significantly better than the other 5 star options in Melbourne CBD, but I definitely wouldn't eat/drink in house again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Jaymie R

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found our team to be friendly and our rooms well appointed.

I am so sorry that your restaurant experience was less than perfect on this occasion. We appreciate your candid feedback allowing us to opportunity to make the necessary steps to constantly improve our service offering.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to showcase for you our usual "Lindrum" experience on your next visit to Melbourne.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Where else could you find quaint hotel of this quality with a tram stop right out the front and also within walking distance of just about everything including the MCG.
Always friendly service clean comfortable rooms.
Have stayed here over many years and will continue to do so!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear wildthai2017,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It really sounds like a home away from home for you now.

We hope to see you again the next time you pop into Melbourne.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Comfortable rooms with good amenities. Excellent breakfast with good coffee. Upgraded to a bigger room on arrival. Very good location well located to NGV and restaurants. in the price range that you would expect for a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear craigmichaelt,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I will let the team know you enjoyed your stay with us, it will make their day!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2017

A boutique hotel in the central of Melbourne just what we wanted wanted for our winter escape ( and for my birthday ) walking distance to everything or a quick tram ride ! The room was warm clean and spacious ( the window looked out onto a wall lucky it was winter so we kept the curtains closed so it didn't matter ) , we didn't dine in apart from pre bed drinks ! Too many choices to stay in a perfect place to stay if you want to explore the city and not stay in a busy bigger hotel but have all their comforts

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Melbradbury

Thank you so much for your great review regarding your recent stay with us here at Lindrum. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

We certainly hope to see you again shortly and hope to welcome you to the restaurant as well, next time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Another stay at The Lindrum - I keep coming back on my trips to Melbourne, as the hotel has some old world charm, but a little hip, terrific staff and a great location. Try the back bar for meeting friends and drinks - have always wanted to have a game of pool at that large table, but have never made the time. Melbourne has lots going on

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear David M,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Hotel and all the facilities, it's fantastic to hear great feedback from our return guests.

We hope we can look after you again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Warm Regards