“Wallow in luxury appreciate the friendliness”

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2017

It was such a please to be greeted by happy friendly staff who made us feel that they were very happy to welcome us. It was like arriving at comfortable home because they personalised absolutely everything. From the big castle-like door to the open fireplace this is truly international standard.
The room and particularly the bed was excellent and we would not hesitate to stay there again. Great location to theatres, sporting stadiums and shopping. Easy walk from public transport too.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a great outlook but be prepared for a little city noise...trams etc.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Lesley M

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community, it really sounds like you felt right at home.

I will pass on your comments to our team, they truly are wonderful hosts and I know it will make their day!

We hope to spoil you again the next time you visit Melbourne

Warm regards

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stay at the Lindrum when we're in Melbourne for our annual winter getaway to celebrate her birthday. We love the warm rooms, comfy beds, delicious complimentary tea on arrival, breakfast at Felt. Close to everything - shopping, trams, restaurants, the NGV. Lovely, professional staff. This time around we also got a room upgrade, and a tray of chocolate treats on arrival! It's our home away from home. Thank you all. ❤️

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear lynette-marie-123

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your daughters birthday!

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us again and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here for one night for work and was pleasantly surprised on arrival. The lobby is elegant and inviting, and the staff on reception were very friendly. My room was a little crowded and a little worn, but nice and light and very well appointed. For a work stopover, the stationary items in the drawer were a nice touch!
The only thing that really let down my stay was the in-house restaurant. It just missed the mark on too many things: Service was friendly but very, very slow and not very attentive. I had to take cutlery off the preset table next to me after my meal was served without. The meal was fine, but there are many much better options within a short stroll, for a comparable or better price. Also, for a restaurant/bar with a beautiful lounge area and billiards table, I was really surprised when I was told they could not make me an Old Fashioned cocktail. A bit strange maybe, but it is my own personal measure of a good hotel (kind of like how many people judge a hotel on their club sandwiches!) and this is the first time I've ever been told it couldn't be made.
I'd probably stay here again, if the rate was significantly better than the other 5 star options in Melbourne CBD, but I definitely wouldn't eat/drink in house again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jaymie R

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found our team to be friendly and our rooms well appointed.

I am so sorry that your restaurant experience was less than perfect on this occasion. We appreciate your candid feedback allowing us to opportunity to make the necessary steps to constantly improve our service offering.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to showcase for you our usual "Lindrum" experience on your next visit to Melbourne.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Where else could you find quaint hotel of this quality with a tram stop right out the front and also within walking distance of just about everything including the MCG.
Always friendly service clean comfortable rooms.
Have stayed here over many years and will continue to do so!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear wildthai2017,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. It really sounds like a home away from home for you now.

We hope to see you again the next time you pop into Melbourne.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Comfortable rooms with good amenities. Excellent breakfast with good coffee. Upgraded to a bigger room on arrival. Very good location well located to NGV and restaurants. in the price range that you would expect for a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear craigmichaelt,

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I will let the team know you enjoyed your stay with us, it will make their day!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards