6 people are viewing this hotel
US$208
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
US$208
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$214
US$201
SAVE US$13
Expedia.comUS$208
Hotels.comUS$208
FindHotelUS$214
6,208 results
All reviews atrium bar prestige suite luxury room the club lounge corner room accor member pillow menu top end star hotel turn down service love this hotel valet parking bottle of champagne an upgrade rod laver arena high tea flinders lane
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Clive Scott, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

Reviewed 3 March 2021

We were delighted to return to out favourite hotel and to find he Club Lounge was open. The welcome we received from Yosha and Emma is exactly what a Club Lounge needs. Their friendliness and interest was second to none. On the last morning the staff were rushed off their feet providing the a la carte orders for 90 people. We wished we could have helped them.
Our thanks also to Guest Relations Manager Terence who solved our problem.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Clive Scott, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

It is fabulous to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of it, especially the Club Sofitel. We appreciate your kind feedback about our Yosha, Emma and Terence and we will ensure this is shared. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

After a few years since staying at Melbourne’s Sofitel, we were reminded why we loved it the first time.
Comfy fluffy bed, doona, pillows, robes, gorgeous teas and good selection, friendly and efficient staff.
And then there’s the view and location. Can heartily recommend Junior Suites.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexofMelbourne
Clive Scott, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. We very much enjoy welcoming back returning guests, and take it as a huge compliment that you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 February 2021

It was nice to be back at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins after a long lockdown. Booked a Junior Suite which we like because it is the only room with a separate shower except for the top suite which is a bit pricey for us

As a Diamond Member we were able to access the Club Lounge. I have to say that we were pleased to see the death of the Buffet due to the Covide-19 restrictions. Let us hope that the Buffet never raises it's ugly head again.

Breakfast is order from the menu only and there is a wide variety to choose from. Lunch was a plate of a dip, small salad (ie caesar), a slice of focaccia type bread, cheese and biscuits and a small bowl of fresh fruit. I can say that I always enjoyed the cheese (when it wasn't blue) and biscuits and the bread. I am limited in what I can eat so most times the salad was a no for me which made lunch go from light to just cheese and biscuits. I would like to see maybe some cold meat included.

Canapes and drinks were totally different. Drinks are exactly what they used to be but are now all brought to your table for you. No self serve which is a good thing. Canapes were weird. I felt like I was at kindergarten eating from a dish with little rectangles and squares filled with a variety of foods. Antipasto type things like olives, stuffed capsicums, etc. Then there was two small hot canapes which varied. A small pastry/cake was included. The invariable cheese and biscuits were included as well. From memory there was a dip as well. So basically the cheese and biscuits again for me.

The staff at the Club Lounge were amazing as usual and seemed pleased to have guests back. They always make you feel so welcome.

We ate one night at the restaurant No.35. You are given one hour and 45 minutes to eat your meal and leave the table so they can have more than one seating per table. This seems to be quite standard in Melbourne. We had the Braised short rib of beef with a bbq sauce. This was for two diners. We were disappointed at how tasteless the beef was without the bbq sauce smothering it. Beautifully cooked but a lot for two diners. Dessert was the lemon tartelette which was great. We never left in the allotted time as after dessert we were forgotten and after 50 minutes of waiting we went and paid our bill and had our coffee in our room. A totally disappointed in the terrible service. Would think twice about going again because the service was terrible when they weren't that busy.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your detailed review on Trip Advisor. Whilst it delights me to read you were impressed with certain aspects of your experience, we were very concerned to read about the aspects you expressed disappointment with. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage as well as with our No35 Manager. I have asked them to contact you to discuss it further and to apologize in person. I am very sorry that these issues kept you from having a flawless visit and will work on them with our team here. Thank you also for your wonderful words about Club Sofitel Ambassadors, they will be thrilled to hear about it. We truly appreciate your support during challenging times and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

I can’t speak highly enough of my recent 3 night stay at the Sofitel. Just so perfect in every aspect. Breakfast options were well thought out and I actually prefer the new a la carte system to the old buffet style. Although busy, staff are attentive and charming.The same can be said for The Atrium on 35, where the Paloma was sensational as well as the service. Check in was flawless and our bedroom was spacious and immaculate, as well as very quiet.I’m so proud to call Melbourne home and so thankful that the Sofitel is part of my city. What a fantastic stay. I am a super fussy person , and a bit of a Karen to be honest, but I simply cannot fault this marvellously grand hotel. Thank you staff! Whoever is leading you from the helm knows hospitality and there wasn’t a person on your team that disappointed. People that read anything negative on TripAdvisor, don’t take it seriously. I’m confident the hotel would do anything to assist you if you ran into a problem of any kind.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It is fabulous to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of it, especially the quality of our Club Sofitel as well as the comfort of our rooms. We appreciate your kind feedback about our team and we will ensure this is shared. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and for supporting the hotel during such challenging times.