2,411 results
All reviews arts centre great location city road busy road bedroom apartment south bank short walk buffet breakfast great place to stay washing machine room service good size crown casino easy walk would stay again yarra river car parking
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Great location and nice comfy beds. We love coming back here and always look forward to our stays. The pool area is great and food really good. Pillows are a bit big but we got flatter ones when we requested.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adrian L, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Good Morning Caitlin,

Thanks for the review and great to hear you loved the pool area. So glad that we could accomodate the pillow request - we do have varying styles / weights on hand to ensure everyone can be catered for.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The hotel is in a good location near South bank. It was disappointing we couldn't get a late check out. The staff were very helpful and the parking wasn't over priced.

Good Morning David,

Thanks for the review and taking some time to leave some feedback. Sorry to hear about the late check-out usually we are very accomodating in this regard. We did have a huge group checking out on Saturday whihc put us well behind the 8ball in terms of rooms ready for the next arrival. Also I would implore you to join our loyalty program Mantra+ (its free) and gives you a guaranteed 12pm checkout on every booking as one of the perks :-)

Look forward to seeing you again soon and allowing a sleep-in.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed at the Mantra Southbank Melbourne for the lead up to our wedding for 6 nights. On arrival we were greeted by a very rude woman who obviously didn’t want to be there. I gave her a credit card to use as a deposit and immediately realised that it was the incorrect card. I ask her to hold on a minute and I will get the correct one and she proceeded to swipe the card and continue on even after I repeated my request a second time. We had multiple bags, very large ones, wedding dresses, accessories and a small child, they didn’t even ask if we needed help. On arrival to the room it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned properly in months. The bathroom is outdated and unacceptable, a bath over shower is not good enough for the price of the hotel. We did request a cleaner to come in and they stated that it would be tomorrow as they are very busy. I have many other things to add but the best thing I can say is avoid if you want top end affordable accomodation, it’s expensive and low quality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adrian L, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Good Morning Johnny,

Thanks for leaving some feedback and congratulations on the Wedding. I am disappointed ot hear that you felt the value at Mantra Southbank did not meet your expectations.

I will be sure to follow up on all communication and service ideals as we want each and everyone of our guests to feel welocmed and looked after. Especially those whom are here for such a grand occassion. The front line staff pride themselves on genuine customer expereinces and we try to make the workplace as fun as possible so this rubs off on our guests. I will utilisie the feedback to ensure this is happening each and every time.

I do notice we were able to check you in at nice & early as per your request and allocated you to the highest corner apartment (best views) in the building for your special week. I do hope you enjoyed your wedding day ammenity when you returned from the ceremony.

I would love to opportunity to personally champion any future bookings you might have at Mantra Southbank and I will be sure to add some value. Please contact me directly should you wish to take me up on the offer.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Great walks from the hotel, one street back from the river and bridge to cross to city. Room service was excellent, and fast. Breakfast on time and Gluten free catered for. Parking underneath hotel a bonus.

Good Morning CCoffey,

Thanks for the great review and so glad to hear that the in-room dining options were sleak in terms of service and product delivery.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Great location and good quality rooms. There is also a pool and gym, which is excellent. The "but" is the unexplained additional $42.46 deducted from a bond (despite pre-paying the accommodation). If that is refunded, happy to increase the rating.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adrian L, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Good Evening Roman,

Thanks so much for the review - iwll have the desk staff look into the additional charges for you and revert accordingly. Often this is for services utilised but not delcared on departure such as minibar consumption of food & beverage charges. The itemised invoice should have preceeded the charge however.

I am very glad that all other areas hit the mark and we look forward to impressing again on your next visit.