1,304 results
All reviews yarra river federation square great location arts centre south bank one bedroom suite across the bridge full kitchen hamer hall washer dryer southbank restaurants fed square valet parking art gallery the sofa bed indoor pool crown casino
Reviewed 18 November 2016

The GM at Quay West must be a genius, every time we stay at this establishment the staff are so friendly, the place is spotless and food is amazing. To add to the impressive list, the position is second to none.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thank you for the great review and compliment!
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Stayed here for one night in mid-November after failing to secure a reasonably priced room at the Park Hyatt (where I’d wanted to stay again after being well taken care of a couple of weeks earlier). I booked a studio room, and arrived to find I’d been upgraded to a premium room (with separate bedroom) on a high floor with clear view of the Yarra and Flinders St. Bridge. The lobby doesn’t quite exude the ambiance of a conventional 5-star hotel, but that seems like a small price for the extra floor space in the room. I had the beautiful pool to myself once in the evening, then again the next morning. The only shortcoming, perhaps, is that there is no changing area, so far as I could tell, so you need to robe up and change in your room (life could be tougher).

The buffet breakfast, included in the room rate, was a very pleasant affair. Generous check-out time of 11am, reception staff were courteous, respectful and efficient on the way out (and in). Departed well satisfied, making for the bridge, for a short walk back to the city proper and location of my appointment that morning. A very positive experience in all.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the great review, so pleased you enjoyed our hospitality.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

When I first arrived I thought very little of this accommodation as the room was low down, dark and fairly unappealing. The staff at reception were very welcoming besides that. At first I found the shower recess quite cramped and I felt the over sized shower head was trying to blast me out of this time what was already a small space. Better whe nI found you could tilt it to the side.

I spent some more time on day two seeking out something special and found what I consider perhaps the jewel in this accommodation, the gym, pool and steam room. Make sure you get to level five, it made me feel sane after a good workout in the gym and a good stint in the steam room. Now to test out Level Ps cocktails lounge. Enjoy...it take a while sometimes...

Room tip: Avoid the lower floors. Lots of chatter outside
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for review, we appreciate the feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed the pool.
We look forward to welcoming.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I would return to the Quay West for the staff and breakfasts alone but never the room.

We stayed at Quay West for three nights during a business trip and found it to be a rather interesting stay. Never have I stayed anywhere my stay felt so conflicted. On one hand I could not fault the staff,far from it, they are knowledgeable, helpful, just flat out super nice friendly. The breakfast layout each morning in the dining room was fabulous as is the hotels location to Southbank and the CBD !

However, the room - Oh dire !
Our room was in a mid-renovation state. A mash up of styles was evident from the bed linen to the decor. The ceiling cornice was incomplete, missing curtain pelmet, Falling down curtain on both corners. A king bed made from two singles with a mattress topper and a bathroom that had no working extraction fan. It was just a dull and uninteresting room with no personality to speak of - with a price tag that matched many 5 star hotels we felt the room was seriously overvalued.

Would I return ?
I would definitely be asking if the upgrade has been completed and reconsider.

Room tip: Breakfast is worth the $$$
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback. We have a bathroom and kitchen refurbishment in the next year so we look forward to showing the new suites.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We arrived on Saturday 29th October and left 2nd November. We flew over from NZ for the Melbourne Cup.
The staff are all very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is so close to everything. You just walk out the hotel doors turn left, and you have so many amazing restaurants and bars to choose from.
Flinders Street train station is just a 5 min walk across the bridge. We caught the train on Melbourne cup day and it took us direct to Flemington Racecourse.
We stayed in the one bedroom deluxe suite. It was very nice. The bed and pillows were so comfy. I usually get a sore back when I sleep in a different bed, but I woke up fine!
They had a delonghi coffee machine with complimentary nespresso capsules. I'm not usually a big fan on these machines, but the coffee was great!
The only negative thing I would probably say about the room is that the lighting was not the best, and the bathroom was a little bit on the small size.
Apart from that I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate it .