Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$193
US$188
US$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$94
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$119
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$116
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$109
Hotel Claremont(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

All reviewssouthern cross stationcrown casinoairport bussky busone night stayetihad stadiumfree tram zoneshort stayhandy locationlight sleeperbed was comfortableinner citywould stay againpublic transportskybusstorageconvenience
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Locations is absolutely perfect. Next to southern cross station, tram around the corner and a 5 minute walk from the Yarra river.
Unfortunately I could not upload my first rooms pictures because they are panoramic.
This is the 2nd room I stayed in (arrived a day early so made 2 separate bookings).
This room (135) in the prison like set up was not for me. First floor hardly any day light/fresh air and a smoking area in-front of my room. This is the back part of the hotel.
One night there was even construction going on till around midnight I think from the building behind us.
The other section (front/street side) it is better. What a hotel should be.
Wifi did also not work properly and because your build in my optus network did only work when I was sitting infront off the window
6/10 is my rating

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently needed to stay in Melbourne, Victoria for a family event. While we were there there was a lot of competition for accommodation with the Grand Prix, football and a number of other events. We chose to book into the Great Southern Hotel on Spencer Street. The address gave us a heads up re train noise as it is down the street from one of Victoria's busiest railway station. The rooms are basic but clean and fit with the three or so star reputation. Costs were inflated due to the myriad of events happening while we were there. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place is convenient as we needed to travel by train most days.
What we did not expect however was the constant night time noise caused by drunken people yelling and swearing throughout much of each night on the street around the Hotel. The noise was so loud and offensive it caused great difficulty sleeping and to go out on the street after about 2230 hours was a most unpleasant experience. I know that the Great Southern cannot be responsible for the poor behaviour of louts staying at the nearby backpackers or attending the nearby drinking establishment but this is a factor that travellers who are with children or family do need to consider. The weekend was particularly bad for this loutish behaviour.
There is a small restaurant attached to the hotel where you can get meals from breakfast to dinner. The food is acceptable and reasonably priced and the staff are friendly and helpful. You are waiting for a "but" and you are correct. While we were there we experienced some less than considerate behaviour from other patrons. This included people picking up food from the service tubs in their hands (scrambled eggs for one). Another involved putting the spoon from the conserve bottles into their mouth and then back into the bottles. Just a little warning that some travellers don't share the same food safety standards as others. If you are concerned about any of these issues that we experienced I would suggest you look somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We booked two rooms in this hotel for it's easy access to Southern Cross station and the Sky Bus. It was a very reasonable price and great location.
We both booked a 'courtyard' room thinking it would be quieter than ones facing busy Spencer St. Problem was there is minimal natural light and because the 'courtyard' is all concrete and metal it echoes noise from every level. It's possible non-courtyard rooms would be better.
The room was small and a bit stuffy - needed the air-conditioner on all night, not all the light switches worked, no bedside lamp and the bed was not very comfortable.
The cost was reasonable for the location, the bathroom was great but the room itself was in need of maintenance.
I probably wouldn't stay there again, even with the reasonable cost.

Room Tip: If quiet is needed ask before booking - courtyard doesn't mean quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Although it may have had a few creature comforts, generally things were ok and its saving grace was locality to the station; which I suppose is the reason for the cost.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and the breakfast was reasonable value for money which we had included in our reservation.
The lifts were hit and miss, sometimes stopping at all floors regardless of need.
For some reason the air-conditioning didn't work for one night which made the windowless room stuffy. I managed to get the fan to work so that certainly helped.
The bathroom was spacious and the shower was good. The hole in the bathroom wall was interesting but unsure An interesting accommodation. Only built just over 100 years ago so not particularly old. It was somewhat like, I imagine, a prison would be. I believe its history was storage for wool. But I couldn't be absolutely sure.
The bathroom was spacious and the shower was good. The hole in the bathroom wall was interesting but unsure of its function.
I'm unsure that I could recommend the accommodation but it is certainly good for location, its dry, clean, reasonable breakfast, friendly and safe
of its function.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stayed here as it was close to Southern Cross station as I had to leave on a business trip the following day.
Initial impression from front & reception was great, however the room was put in was obviously a building that was not part of the original hotel. It looks like a hostel or dorms.
Rooms where around a central open area, no roof, outside..
Cables hanging from the ceiling
Very basic room (refurbished sometime ago)
Room over looked where the garbage truck collects from (noisey)
Claimed 4 stairs, no where near it based on the room stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business