“Feed me option hits the spot”
Review of Chin Chin

Chin Chin
Ranked #31 of 4,226 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Last Saturday evening we took our thirteen year old daughter out to dinner in the city. There is always a line up outside this popular walk-in restaurant that can put some people off.
The secret is to go in early put your name down with the restaurant staff and go to the Hyatt for a relaxing drink and for the SMS from the restaurant telling you it's time to show up.
We chose the Feed Me option which is a seven course banquet highlighting the tastes of Chin Chin at $69.50pp.
Our banquet included:
Chin Chin pork roll ups
Kingfish Sashimi
Corn and Coriander fritters
Crispy Baramundi and green apple salad
BBQ Ora king salmon
Butter Chicken curry - special request from the young family member
Roti
Coconut Rice
Palm Sugar ice cream sundae
Coconut Sago.
All delicious. Maybe next time we'd pick a different rice option. I'd go back for the Kingfish sashimi every day of the week.
Staff and service was exceptionally good. Atmosphere is busy and frenetic which adds to the experience. Thumbs up all round.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

One of the best Thai places I have been to although not cheap.
Awesome flavours, excellent service, nice atmosphere.
Only drawback: the toilets especially later in the evening, absolutely disgusting : leaves kind a bad taste in the mouth!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

You can t make a resovation over the phone but turn up in person and if they busy they will take your details and send u a txt when table available. We were told a 2 hr wait it was well worth the wait. We had the Feed me menu and it was delicious and we were well fed. If there is something you particularly like from the menu they will made sure it's one if the dishes you get. The service was outstanding and the waiters really loved there job. Sorry guys wish I had got your names. We sat up at the bar which was great. It was well spaced between dishes and we didn't feel rushed although they were extremely busy. If you in Melbourne this place is worth the wait.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This restaurants ticked all the boxed from savoury to sweet and best thing is if you aren't too sure what to order, you can always chose to let the chef decide what is the top on menu and serve you with the best, enjoy my visit and can't wait to go back next time round when visiting Melbourne! Absolute best recommendation of restaurant!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I have heard of Chin Chin over the years . People had a great time , the food was amazing. But I thought seriously, it's only food ! My god was I wrong .
It's been 2 weeks since I dined at Chin Chin and I have been thinking , dreaming , talking about it everyday since then .
The venue , the staff , the vibe .. Perfection. So cool .
Staff member kindly seated us in a booth as she felt we looked a little squashed and wanted us to relax and enjoy our dinner. Menu options making me drool just thinking about it . 3 guests and limited time we each picked two dishes , such a difficult task . The pork belly ! The coconut rice , rice coconut rice was heaven . Curry . Slow cooked beef . Nasi goreng ..
Staffs knowledge was flawless .
Can not thank you enough for one of the best food experiences of my LIFE