“Fantastic ”

Ranked #12 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Armenian flavours incorporated into modern cooking methods and ingredients to create an innovative Melbourne restaurant serving New Armenian Cuisine. We cater for - corporate lunches - large groups - functions - special occasion dining - romantic dinners - casual meals - dietary requirements
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing meal and brilliant service. I have the BBQ which was delicious and loved the crap dumplings!!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The location of this restaurant is an interesting start to an interesting meal. You can order the degustation menu or a la carte. We ordered a la carte and were pleasantly surprised at how our selections matched each other. This was also true of the drinks and wines that were suggested for each of the courses. It's difficult to categorize but I think the food is an eclectic mix of an asian/euro/mid-east fusion mash-up that works on the taste buds. We left the restaurant satisfied in all respects.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were in Melbourne for a week, and tried so many of the top-ranked restaurants on TripAdvisor. There are so many delicious places; this may be the best of them all!

We had the 5-course meal. Because we are pescatarians (vegetarians who eat fish), they made special selections for us. Everything was exquisite - from the spinach and feta "boreg" to the incredible trout and barramundi to an amazing baklava dessert. This place is so wonderful! Make sure to get reservations, because it's packed and fairly small. We were turned away the first time we went there; we learned our lesson, and made reservations in advance for the next time. It was absolutely worth the wait!

2  Thank Alisco
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I read about Sezar on the net and went there on a wednesday night just recently without making a booking....thinking having an early dinner would be ok to get a table. Well, we were just lucky to get a table at 7pm, it was absolutely full and yet we were greeted with warm kindness. We were excited about having an Armenian cuisine for the first time. Food & service was top of the range. We picked the smallest set menu out of three variety it's on the manu. What I liked about it was that the set menu is always prepared daily, there's no description of it in the menu, it's always a surprise about the menu, which was something different. For $64pp you get 12 different dishes to try. Crab filled dumplings were yummy, I loved the Barley Salad which was excellent but the best dish came as last...I couldn't believe how tasty it was, smoked Beef stew.!!! I must say OMG it was the tastiest beef dish I've ever had, texture also was excellent as well as the taste. I can't wait to go back again.
Food : 10/10
Service : 10/10
Ambiance: 10/10
I highly recommend the second floor, color contrast of decor is excellent ,very romantic and relaxing atmosphere. Please make a booking as it is a very popular restaurant in Melbourne City.

1  Thank Amouagex2
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Took my friend there for her birthday dinner. Love the atmosphere. Its nice and cozy. Staff were great and helpful. The food presentation was great with great flavors. The price is reasonable. Its a different experience of Armenian food. Flat bread with hummus is a must try and the the baby chicken. Will definitely go there again.