“A bit pricy and I just tried it all, great food and service ”
Review of Taxi Kitchen

Taxi Kitchen
Ranked #63 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: For a 180 degree view of Melbourne's city skyline, Yarra River and Arts Precinct, journey to Taxi Kitchen in Federation Square's Transport Hotel. Hosting cocktail events, a la carte dining, pre-show drinks and boasting three private function dining rooms, Taxi Kitchen dazzles guests with views through floor to ceiling glass windows complemented by earthy tones, indoor greenery and natural light for a clean, semi-alfresco feel. Playful menu items provoke a certain inquisitiveness of guests, charmingly presented on a bed of black pebbles, rustic wooden boards or in colourful, textured dishes. Delight in any or all six courses from seared scallops with red radish, smoked chilli mayo and katiafi to Wagyu porterhouse with creamed potato and jus gras - just be sure to leave room for dessert
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Plus they really took care of my wife's dietary needs and that means a lot. Yes a bit higher priced than this frugal Scotsman normally goes for but worth the fun and evening. I went with all the specials even when I was not sure what I was really getting. A good view down the Yarra River and the city, so although it was a bit noisy it was enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We will be back came for my sisters birthday and had a grate time the service is out of this world. Next time I will come back for a date night. Highly recommended

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Booked a lunch catch up and booking process via web was simple. Got a reminder on phone which was helpful. Then I got there! Waiters were rude and patronising. The salmon was woefully undercooked and I got 1 mussel with it. Overpriced for what I got. We were pressured with plates taken away quickly and rudely. We did not want more than mains and felt we were pressured to leave. Would not return.

2  Thank Viv H
Reviewed 27 August 2017

a great place for a fine dining dinner. Lovely staff who are always there to offer you the best dining experience they have to offer! the food is delectable and brilliant!

In the perfect spot in Melbourne with an awesome view! Try it.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The service was really disappointing and disaster I will say. First of all, the waitress showed us to the table without giving us the menu whereas i watched other guests were offered the menus; the waitress just went away and we were left at the table for 15 mins without attending, no menus (I asked for 3 times for over the 15-min-wait), no one was serving or asking; so finally the waiter came and gave us the menu only, didn't give us drink menu (again I asked for like 5 mins to get one) Since we were like 7adult and I ordered basically 85% of the food on the food menu and 1 bottle of wine and some cocktails. The food honestly was good despite the "speechlessly" bad service/or should I say "no service"? , would recommend many dishes. came in small portion. The taste I would say quite fusion and would really surprised me. Even some of our wine glass were empty, DO NOT expect the waiter to refill the glasses for you even you ordered the expensive bottle of wine. Our waiter took the bottle of wine to the bar and placed it there (don't know why), and when I finished my glass and i was expecting him to pour me another glass when he was serving food, NOPE, didn't do that. So we had to ask and wait for him to come back to fill the glass. Next time, please just leave the bottle on our table if you don't want to serve it. The restaurant really was not full, I would say 70% occupancy top, but the waiters were walking around and trying to be busy, but they weren't lots of table to serve at the first place. I really don't know why the waiter could be more professional. I really do not want to think we were treated this way because we were Asian, but really couldn't think that way as other comments here seemed the service was all good. I really hope this was not what I thought. Anyways, I will not come here anymore, at least not as a group of 4-6 ppl. I paid 400+ AUS dollars here and really didn't get any service and felt left alone. This is not the dining experience anyone want when they are on their vacation. Lots to improve.