“Takeaway high quality”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Tazio is an Italian restaurant in Melbourne CBD. It is situated on the corner of Exhibition Street and Flinders Lane. Tazio specialises in offering traditional Italian pizza & modern Italian-Australian cuisine in an casual dining setting. Tazio Birraria Pizzeria & Cucina is the largest Italian restaurant in Melbourne CBD with 10 sections and 240 seats both indoor and outdoor spanning across two floors. The venue can accommodate everything from large corporate functions to romantic dinners.
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We were staying in the CBD and ordered Tazio through UberEats. Despite it being a scorching hot evening, the pizzas arrived crisp and the pasta dish was delicious. We were very impressed.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Tried Tazio with some work colleagues during a visit to Melbourne. The atmosphere was nice, just off the street and close to our hotel. The wait staff were very accommodating and we were able to get a table for five without a reservation. We had an antipasto, the calamari and the meatballs as appetisers. All were very good but the portions could have been a bit larger. For dinner we ordered our own pizzas which were excellent. Nice selection of pizzas. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Was visiting Melbourne and staying with friends who live in Spring Street. We dropped in here for dinner one night. An excellent evening ... great Cosmopolitans. I had the fish of the day "Swordfish" .. superbly cooked. One friend had steak and the other a pizza. Both thoroughly enjoyed the quality and flavour of their meals.
I wish I could remember the name of the waitress who served us. She was fantastic. Attentive, engaging and so very efficient.
I would definitely visit again when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The aroma of the pizza is what drew me to this pizzeria. I ordered the Margherita pizza, which was good.

I did not dine-in, so I cannot attest to the dine-in experience. However, I will say that my order was ready in less than 20 minutes.

The only thing I did not like was the outside area where people were smoking. There is no way to avoid this area because you have to pass it to walk inside.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Walked in on a busy Friday night after a movie. Seated quickly, fast friendly service. Food was good, not spectacular, but we left feeling full and happy. Perfect quick Friday night dinner.