“Amazing Omakase dinner”

Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing, the service was outstanding!
The omakase experience is such an innovative and modern take on Japanese food, which allows you to try foods that you would not normally order. 6 courses was plenty of food, with each course surprising us with such interesting textures and flavours. This is well worth the money.
The waitstaff are knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. The staff worked effectively, which ensured impeccable service from the bar tender who welcomed us, to the lovely waitress who went out of her way to be helpful throughout our meal.
I highly recommend Nobu!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Wildly different take on classic Japanese cuisine.. Difficult menu to choose from as there are so many delicious selections. Larger groups allow wider tasting options. Loved every order presented at table.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

have been here on numerous occasions from after races with boozy friends to a quick bite to eat with the wife... Writing this makes me want to drive there right now for some fresh, clean eating. The service is ok but never out of this world, however food definitely makes up for what service lacks. Will definitely keep coming back...

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Compared to dubai and KL branch, Melb's seems a bit disappointing. Perhaps because its a lunch selection rather than the usual omakase dinner that I had. The cod miso is too sweet, the wagyu beef with teriyaki sauce is just so-so, the chiraishi donburri is an okay. The Baby Tiger Prawn Tempura Creamy Spicy was probably the best choice. Service was attentive.

CrownRestaurants, General Manager at Nobu Melbourne Crown Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear depdot19,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I was most disappointed to learn of your experience with us. The feedback you have kindly taken the time to share is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards. I will ensure your review is shared with the Restaurant Manager for improvement.

We do hope to welcome you back aga​in for a more positive experience.

Oliver von Brunn
General Manager - Restaurants

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Being used to the Nobu in NYC or Vegas, the comparison is a little hard to make as this restaurant feels completely different. Black cod miso sauce was too sweet and thick compared to original one and the starters lacked the fines I am used to in the US Nobu. Same with the atmosphere, do not expect it to be the same standard as in the US. That being said, I was surprised by 2 dishes. First one being the wagyu gyoza that is really really good and second one being the best desert I have experienced in a long time being the caramel mousse. That desert was perfectly balanced on any level and is probably among the best deserts I have had in my life. If you go there you cannot miss it. Price is fair for the quality you get, but again, no comparison to be made with the original Nobu.

CrownRestaurants, General Manager at Nobu Melbourne Crown Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for your review, Julienhk.

While I was pleased to read you found our Wagyu Gyoza and dessert enjoyable, I regret to learn your overall experience failed to meet expectations. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be relayed to the Restaurant Manager for consideration.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Oliver von Brunn