“Wow! ”
Review of Hochi Mama

Hochi Mama
Ranked #20 of 4,453 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Located in an iconic Melbourne laneway, Hochi Mama is a fun and relaxed restaurant/bar serving up modern Vietnamese-inspired street food. Expect interesting interpretations of traditional classics, as well as more contemporary Asian Fusion menu items. In the bar, highly-experienced mixologists offer an exciting cocktail menu designed especially to compliment the food. Located near ample parking, trains and trams.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It was my first time to Hochi mama. Super busy even on a Good Friday. You’ll need to book for this place!!

Excellent and super fast service from our waitress it was faultless. We got the $59.00 sharing menu, 2 entrees, 2 mains and 1 side which is excellent value for money and highly recommended. Being a Good Friday, we only got seafood dishes. The Mekong delta oysters - fresh oysters topped with shallots and canh Chau dressing which has a seriously good kick to it heat wise! Second entree was the salmon ceviche served with a secret recipe sauce. This dish was a winner! For mains we had the spicy seafood stiryfry which was full of a mixture of seafood and lovely flavours. And lastly the sweet and sour crispy soft shell crab. Our side was the Hanoi seafood spring rolls. Awesome cocktail menu. The Hoochi mama was great!

The only downside is that the tables inside are super close to each other but that is all everything else was superb!

It was my first time here but definitely won’t be my last! Looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Food is amazing, and the service (Cleo you legend) was really great and they provided great advice on food and drinks! We will definitely be coming back again

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Such an awesome night out with great food and drinks, Cleo our host gave us amazing service!!
The food is mouth watering! Vegan friendly and helpful staff! Thanks for an awesome experience!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I love this place. I bring everyone who visits me in Melbourne here. So glad you take reservations - makes a world of difference. I don't always like everything, but there is always something I love when we get our meals that just makes me think - this might be the yummiest thing I've ever had!! That's the great thing - you can sample small items and not spend a lot. Great place if you've never been - go!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here before and I’m so glad I came back. The whole experience was made even better thanks to our waitress Cleo.

Hochi Mama has some of the most amazing food and $59 for more than enough food to share between 2.

Cleo was attentive, friendly, helpful and funny. With the best food and amazing service, do yourself a favour and make a booking.