We booked a room for 2 adults and one child and chose a room with one single bed and one double bed. The room is cosy and clean. It comes with a kitchen equipped with a 2 door refrigerator, a microwave, kitchen utensils, a toaster, a kettle and an induction cooker. However, i brought my own small pot, just in case. They also provided a bottle of dish washing liquid and a scrub but I brought my own sponge. The kitchen sink has two taps, one for hot water and one for cold water so it makes washing dishes a bit hard especially when it's cold. The kitchen is very clean and tidy.
The toilet has a bath tub and the sink is equipped with a tap that flows both hot and cold water so you don't have to worry about washing your face with either too hot or too cold water. They also provided towels and soaps. The apartment should provide a shelf to put all the toiletries by the sink so that the stuffs won't be scattered all over. Also, they should have a rubber mat for the tub to avoid slipping.
The room has a small balcony with a small table and 2 chairs where you can dine at. There is also a cupboard and an iron with an ironing board. They also provide a clothes rack for you to hang your wet towels on, which is very convenient. The only gripe is that the light in the room is a bit too dim and there is no hairdryer in the room. You can ask to borrow a hairdryer from the reception but it would be a hassle.
Since it is a serviced apartment, it does not have daily housekeeping so your rubbish and trash will accumulate. We stayed for 6 days and 5 nights and not once did they come to clean our room, even though they say they would clean it every 4 days.
The staffs were friendly. Before we arrived, we sent an email asking if we can check in early because our flight arrives Perth at 5.45am and by the time we reach the apartment it was before the check in time. We were lucky that the hosts were kind and obliging and replied our email promptly and asked us to go to the reception which opens at 8.00am. When we reached the apartment, a room was ready and they let us in. We were given a map and a brief guide to the city, which helped a lot. Our child was also given an activity pack which includes some colouring pages, crayons and a box of cocoa pops.
The location of the apartment is very strategic as it is only a few minutes walk to the city and there is also a bus station for the Green Cat bus (free bus service) nearby.
I would definitely recommend Mountway Apartment to those traveling to Perth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth