“Birthday Party Paradise”

Vector Wero Whitewater Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Vector Wero Whitewater Park, white water fun in the heart of Auckland! Featuring two white water rafting courses and 9,000 sqm of beautifully clear water to explore, it’s a thrill seeker’s playground – and also perfect for a family day out. Enjoy paddling and pizza by the lake, hire a kayak or SUP, race down rapids or take on the world’s highest man-made waterfall. Feel the rush of adventure, or simply dip in a toe – the choice is yours.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Took our son and 6 friends on the little river. Great fun and very safe, good changing rooms, pizza tasty & staff excellent. Kids can't wait until they are older to do the big river and waterfall

All reviews
"activity"
in 4 reviews
"blast"

Reviewed 24 March 2018

About 15 workmates attended Whitewater Park and we all had an amazing time. Most of us were a bit nervous to begin with, but the guides are very supportive. Safety is a priority for them so no issues there.
We went down the rapids a few times and each time we did something a bit different. At the end of our time, we did the Pump Waterfall, whilst not as thrilling as I expected it to be, it still was great fun.
After our time on the water, it was great to have a hot shower in their clean and spacious changing rooms. We had a few drinks and snacks in their cafe - food was really good!
Looking forward to coming here again with some out-of-town family.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We heard about the water park a few times and thought this just can't be as good as the real thing. We were wrong. We did 4 laps of the park and the big waterfall once. We got 1.6 km of rapids which is much better than a normal river. They really put on a good show we even had a heavy rainstorm come across in the middle (I have no idea how they arranged that :-) )

This is one of the few thing that we have said yes we would go back and do that again.

It was excellent if you are thinking about it and have no great fear of water do it. I personally do not float well and another person on the raft did not swim but we were fine we jumped in the water and floated down the eddies, We surfed the small waterfall id was fantastic.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Friends of mine sent me a video of the White Water Rafting at the Vector Wero Water Park from the United States, asking me if I'd been, as it looked like so much fun
i immediately went on line and checked it out. I booked immediatly and there were 29 places available, 2 days later when I booked for another friend, there was only 1 space left (so booking in advance is highly Recommened)
Immediate payment upon booking is expected online. The booking process is an easy process.
We booked the Advanced Course and the Pump Waterfall
(You are not allowed to wear eye glasses or sun glasses when out on the rafts, so if your optically challenged as I am, your going out blind)
Your then taken to try on life jackets, helmets, and water boots (I was able to wear my own cavas lace up shoes) and the paddle.
Your then divided up into groups and assigned a guide, taken to a raft and given further safety instructions, and given and some practical verbal instructions on what the guide will be Calling out when rafting.
Then you paddle out......towards a a conveyor belt, that takes you up to the Rapids.
The Rapids are an adrenaline pumping ride, yes a couple of people did come out of our raft on several trips around the circuit.
The Rapids are a wild ride.......just follow the guides instructions and ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE & WILD RIDE!
The Pump Waterfall is awesome and over before you know it (you only one go at it)
I loved the whole experince and adrenaline rush and buzz of having achieved something off of my bucket list.
You can view and purchase a video of your rafting experience from the office.
There are shipping containers turned into a well designed wee coffee stand, selling barista coffees and small savory's, pies, muffins and slices.
A small container bar is also onsite
There are limited table and seats, along with a few bean chairs outside these facilities, above the bar are couches in the sun.
The park itself is spacious and very clean.
There is a bridge and walk ways around the water ways so spectators can view the Rapids which is good for photo opportunities.
There is easy close parking to the water park
I would do this activity again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband and I did the River Rush experience, and after a safety intro and plenty of guidance, we were off down the river. With this package we went round the course 3 times, each time getting a little more adventurous. I was a little unsure of how to hold my paddle and hang on at the same time which ultimately saw me fall out when we went over a rapid, but I was completely safe and well guided by other raft operators till I was out of the water. I was quickly encouraged to hop back in the boat and was free to just hang on as felt much happier doing so. We paid to do the pump waterfall at the end which is a 5m drop, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would highly recommend this attraction to anyone who wants to experience white water rafting in a completely safe environment. Staff are an awesome bunch of happy people who clearly enjoy their jobs.