“Yummy Japanese Ramen”

Tanpopo Ramen
Ranked #118 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Wasn't expecting to have noodles in NZ, but today, my wife and I was craving for Japanese Ramen! So we found this noodle shop on TripAdvisor and decided to pay it a visit.

The owner, chef and waitress were all Japanese (I think, as they were speaking Japanese) and we ordered the tonkatsu shoyu Ramen and the shio Ramen ! We also ordered fried dumpling on the side.

The ramen was delicious (similar to that we have tried in Japanese) and the dumpling was also good. We finished our lunch in less than 30 mins (of course we were hungry but the point is the serving speed is fast)

Overall we enjoyed the noodle and the whole experience !

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I got the Tanpopo ramen, and it was huge and delicious. It didn't have as much flavor as some of the ramen I've had in the past, but I've only had ramen a couple of times. Also, I've never had this type of ramen, so maybe just a different flavor. Still, a very good dish. The thick pork broth was amazing! The service was also excellent. I went in on an off hour at about 3:30, and I was the only one there. I ordered, and my ramen was to me in about 2 minutes! $15 for the size of the dish was also great! I would recommend trying out this place. The only reason I gave a 4 was because I wasn't a huge fan of the meat on top of the ramen. All in all, give this place a try if you are going to try different ramen in the city!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I'd been meaning to come here for a while, and on a rainy day I popped in. I ordered a bowl of tonkotsu shoyu ramen and I swear within 5 minutes (maybe even less) she was walking over with a big bowl. It wasn't the best ramen I've ever had, the noodles were a good texture but I found the broth a bit lacking in flavor. Also the bamboo shoots were a bit hard, not what I'm used too. I'd definitely go back and try a different base next time!

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I have yet to go to Japan, but I have tried many Ramen in many other places, this is the best Tonkotsu Ramen I have tried! n..n

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I came for dinner last Thursday as Ramen is one of my favourite foods. I had a standard syoyu tonkotu ramen and my partner had a standard tanpopo ramen and they were great!

while we were there i asked for a kaedama (second serving of noodles) and it came immediately!

I recommend that everyone goes here.

この前彼女と食べに来たらビックリしたんです。ラーメンが大好きなので彼女にすすめられて、たんぽぽにきました。私は豚骨醤油ラーメンで彼女はタンポポラーメンにして本当に美味しかったです。

ちなみに替え玉頼んだらすぐきました。感動しました。もっかい行きたいです。