Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$170
US$163
US$249
US$230
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$129
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$98
Agoda.com
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$237
US$216
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$145
US$121
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbedroom apartmentqueen streetwakefield streetbudget accommodationcentral locationauckland cityclose to townground floorlaundry roomconvenience storecar parkingper daysmall kitchenettestayed for nightslounge areasky toweraut
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checked in to this place, we had a basement room, and good job for only 1 night. Would had had a serious meltdown if we stayed longer. No aircon, the whole room shook every time the lift was used, had to keep the window open for some fresh air, then we found out it was by some garages. Desperate for a shower, only to find out there was only a hand towel and a floor mat...between two of us. The spring loaded sink plug did not work and black hair plastered on the shower walls. Parking the car was another experience.
They would be better off using this place to house people that sleep on the streets.
Not impressed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I really loved this apartment as I was in the city for 2 nights and it was nice to have a room to relax in that wasn't the bedroom. It was clean and had more amenities than my flat at home. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you're parking your car, book in advance and leave it in that spot and explore the city on foot. Location was perfect, the CBD was 10 minutes away and there are countless restaurants and bars to choose from.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in Auckland and booked into these apartments ..price was ok for a very small 2 bedroom apartment..after we left we realised we left our daughters iPad...I rung and no one knew anything from housekeeping about our iPad.. they rung back and said ah yes we found under the bed...the following weekend we returned to the apartments to pick up our iPad..the following week I realised I had also left my jacket hanging in wardrobe..no body rung me I rung back to ask and yes they had my jacket..disappointed no body rung from housekeeping to say what we had left behind..I won't go back there..don't trust this company..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel was terrible.

The room had no air conditioning, the ambient temperature was 35degrees. When inquiring about this they offered to provide a fan, but with no fresh air getting in to the room it would just circulate the hot air.

When we said we were checking out their solution was to offer another room which had a balcony and to just leave the door open all night.

They refused to provide a refund, even when quite clearly they were unable to provide a habitable room.

Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed here for two night after arriving into Auckland. Should have considered Trip Advisor reviews rather than just going via Booking - its quite a steep walk/climb from the city to the apartment so have your legs ready!
Yes, its good value for money compared to other places to stay in the city. The staff are friendly; the room was fine. Great.
There was just one incident that was slightly worrying. One evening, the fire alarm went off, so we got our shoes on to leave the building. Opening the door, there was smoke in our corridor, but immediately found it was caused by a very apologetic couple who had burnt their steak quite a lot. But still, it was a fire alarm, so we followed the FIRE EXIT signage, knowing you're not supposed to use the lift etc. This exit led me, my husband, and other man who came with us outside via a closed, neighbouring shop and then out onto the street. Alarms went off from that obviously as a deterrent. And as we came out, the fire trucks arrived (super quick! Kudos to them!) But this was the part that was baffling:
- The staff had no idea what to do. The poor woman in the reception looked worried and puzzled. I myself was the one to explain to the fire men what had happened and directed them to the location of the smoke. And a few minutes after that, further guests appeared to 'escape' from the building very leisurely via the lift! The firemen thanked me and my husband for our help as they left.

But this is the best bit. As we left, I overheard one male staff member say to another female staffer "so what would we have done if it had been a real fire?" Oh dear.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple