See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in so many hostel , almost 120 , and here I found the worst staff Ever.
I book a bed for 2 nights but I arrived the day after ( of course I called them do inform them about it ) and they cancel my reservation and they charge me the amount.

They did not even helped me to find another accommodation .

Never meet a so rude staff

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Frienz hostel is one of the cheaper hostels to choose from around the centre of Auckland, and the basic accommodation reflects this price. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm, the curtains didn't close properly which was annoying but not the end of the world. The bunk beds weren't the comfiest but they did the job!

There are only a few showers and toilet to a floor, and they are separated into male and female, however they were never that busy - even though the hostel was quite busy!

The place was cleaned like three times a day, particularly the kitchen area, which was amazing - although made it smell like cleaning products constantly!

The hostel's in a pretty good spot, really close to Albert park. They also have a courtyard and rooftop area which is pretty cool, and you're actually allowed to drink there which makes a change!

Overall, I would stay here again, it's cheap enough and it was only really the other backpackers that ever caused a problem, but the staff were very friendly and sorted out any complaints quickly (not that we had any, but a few others in our room did!)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jpd1232015
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I've stayed in many hostels and this was by far the worst.

The mattresses are so thin you can feel every slat, the bed feels like it will tip whenever someone goes up the top.

There are passive aggressive notes left all over the hostel and the kitchen is always a mess.

Only positive is location.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night before flying out of Auckland and have to say it's probably the worst hostel I have stayed in. It was a challenge to cook dinner as nobody puts their plates etc away, at least most people wash up but it was hard to find cutlery or a cup. 6 bed dorm was small and not very clean. Bunk beds were very noisy and unstable, you will feel every movement from the person above/ below you. Mattress and pillow uncomfortable. Would not stay again. Location is central but this is at the price of a noisy night with traffic and drunk people. Thank you to the lovely receptionist from France!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a good night sleep, this is not a place for you. It is very noisy at night and you have to pay for wifi. Not recommended , there are more backpacker hotel out there, dont choose here if you can afford more.

Trip type: Travelled with friends