“Fantastic food and service - highly recommended”

Windross House Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian, New Zealand
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owners are Billy and Julianna - lovely people
Reviewed 7 May 2017

When I telephoned to make a reservation I was told "don't be late!" - I immediately knew I was onto a very good restaurant where there was structure and organisation. We were not disappointed -,the food and service were fantastic. Our table had Venison Ciliegia. Eye Fillet al Pepe, Fish of the day and Veal Avocado. All meals were well presented and cooked to perfection. I was particularly impressed with the black cherry and red wine sauce accompanying the venison. Lemon Sorrento and Homemade Cassata were our choice of desserts. The closing coffees were well made. Staff were excellent and we enjoyed interacting with the proprietors. And yes - we made sure we were on time and were glad we did as we were ahead of a large group.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous little place with gorgeous food! After our dinner plans changed last minute I found Windross on TripAdvisor. We arrived tired and hungry but that didnt last long though! Service was very fast. Food came very quickly. Everything was absolutely amazing. Hubby got lamb with the most amazing creamy mint sauce I've ever tasted. And I got a prawn spaghetti which I ate the whole giant plate happily! Desert was amazing and the lemon lime bitters was lovely. Absolutely perfect. Would like to come here before dark to enjoy the beautiful view! Def recommend and I've told my friends also. Thanks guys!

2  Thank Amybrungar
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The evening we visited, the restaurant was totally booked and we hadn't made the booking. The friendly staff invited us to enjoy a drink at the bar while we waited for a table to become available. The table was promptly set for us and my mother, sister and I were served the most amazing meals. The owners are very nice people and make their guests feel very welcome. This would be a fabulous restaurant to celebrate special occasions.

1  Thank JanMac76
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My mother and I had lunch here and it was exceptional! The chicken mango salad was amazing, so tasty! The staff were lovely and friendly and the atmosphere is great. Such a pretty venue. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We were here for a 50th a few years back and enjoyed that. This time we went for our wedding anniversary. We came early on a Thursday night. The place was quiet. We were offered a table by the window which allowed us to enjoy the late afternoon sun and a glimpse of the beach. I had the chicken livers masala for an entre. They were perfectly cooked. We both had the Eye Fillet al Pepe. These were cooked perfectly to our liking with just enough sauce and veges. My wife had the homemade cheese cake which she said was great. The selection of cocktails, wines and beers is good. The place appears to be a family affair. The service was discrete and very helpful. All in all a great experience. We will be back