All reviews auckland zoo eden park small hotel city deficiencies cafes
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Came to this hotel for a function and was disappointed with the quality of food, considering how much we had to pay. Not quite enough food to satisfy people, and the deserts were especially disappointing, very repetitive dishes and not much choice. We also were seated high in the rafters, I felt very sorry for the organisers of our event having to cart everything upstairs to set up. I was also quite surprised at how much I was being charged for a glass of wine, very overpriced.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Denise K, General Manager at The Surrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

The cats awards dinner was the function you attended and we felt that you were very well catered for. Your organiser booked for 50 and only 35 attended your glass of wine was $9.50. ( We charged for 35) I was on duty that night and our staff "carted" everything upstairs for the organiser and we had many lovely compliments from the group. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your evening.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here and appreciated the excellent customer service from staff. Very polite and friendly. We stayed here on several occasions and enjoyed our stay on every occasion. Thanks very much! :)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

So good to hear you had a nice stay. We have some lovely staff at the Surrey and I am very proud to be their Manager.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have just stayed at the Surrey Hotel and had a very disappointing experience with the management. The hotel carpark was full of tradesmans' vehicles as the hotel was renovating their motel section, so I parked on the street, not realising it wasn't available parking, and ended up with a ticket of $113. When I showed this to the management, in the hope that they might contribute in some way, I was rudely sent away - it was all my fault, apparently. They could at least have offered me a discount on my next stay. I spend 3 nights each month in Auckland, but will not be staying at The Surrey Hotel again.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Certain activities were cancelled last minute, we had no where to go, so we stayed another night in Auckland. We decided to pick a better hotel to stay for one night, better means more expensive.

We checked in quite late, but the process was fast. The lobby area was looking grand, so were the exterior of the hotel. The pool area looked nice too. There're lifts. Remember to ask for your wifi password, the receptionist forgot to give it to me, I had to ask for it. By the way, I can't use it because signal was weak and slow.

Our room was at the end of the hallway, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom, fits 5 adults. The furnishing was a bit old, but still consider clean. Beds okay. Heater in one room broken, called the receptionist, she told me to grab the portable heater in the store instead.

Bathroom very old school and quite tight. Once shower, the floor is wet and flooded. One thing good, water pressure was strong and water was hot enough.

Neighbourhood was quiet which was good. The hotel has a great view of Sky Tower. Parking was easy too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This place is not far from Eden Park Rugby Ground. It offered an opportunity to watch an international match on the TV. Simple small bar, for NZ standards with a very limited menu. There was only four of us eating but items we not even available on the menu
Many other better pubs around

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends