“Stunning renovation, great location ”

Hotel Grand Windsor
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Just the perfect location for getting around Auckland.

From being greeted warmly by the concierge to our check in, first impressions were fabulous!

The room was very on trend and just beautiful. Any questions asked to the team there were met with helpful replies and nothing was too much trouble. First night I got back to the room & turn down service had lovely teas on offer.

The breakfast was lovely. Again the breakfast team so attentive.

The only minor two negative points from me was I found it hard to sleep in the bed - the mattress was comfy but it was a zip lock bed and I kept falling into the middle which was uncomfortable. And I love a good hotel gym when travelling for work. I was able to use the close by hotel as it is being refurbished but it wasn't that great.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Renato G, General Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Hello TateH33 and thank you so much for sharing your review.

The team has been working very hard to make sure every detail has been thought through so our guests are able to relax and enjoy. Although I will further investigate about the bed, however they are all the premium Sofitel MyBed range and guest feedback has been very positive thus far (perhaps something went wrong when we made your bed?). Thank you for letting me know and I will certainly review with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wishing a lovely week ahead.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I'd stayed at the Hotel Grand Windsor previously and the stay was ok, but the Hotel has seriously upped their game since I last stayed.

Checkin experience was great, really professional and welcoming. Much nicer sat down and checking in rather than in the previous office whilst building works were taking place.

When I got to the room there were 2 welcome treats, plus some Devonport Chocolates - a nice touch and made me feel valued. The room itself was very nicely decorated and the bathroom was great, with really nice

Although I didn't have time to visit the restaurant, it looks lovely and definitely somewhere I'd look to try next time I visit Auckland.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Renato G, General Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hello beardo-and-lindbags.

What a lovely review. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and very pleasing to hear that you felt welcome and cared by the team.

I am sure you will also enjoy our food and services in Cooke's Restaurant so please feel free to reach out to me whenever you would like to make a reservation.

Thanks again and wishing you wonderful travels ahead.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We visited Hotel Grand Windsor on a recent "staycation". What a beautiful hotel - the new decor is incredible, with amazing attention to detail. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We loved eating in Cooke's Restaurant - delicious food and an amazing signature cocktail. The staff are justifiably proud of their newly refurbished hotel. There is no beige in sight and the hotel is in a very central location, right in the heart of the city. We stayed in the Duchess Suite with an adjoining superior king room for our children.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hello pennylewisnz and thank you for sharing your kind review.

We were delighted to welcome you and your beautiful family to our hotel and we are pleased to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our new facilities and bespoke services.

We look forward to seeing you soon for another "staycation"!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel, beautifully renovated, great feel and good value for money. I would recommend asking for a superior room rather than a classic as it seems the classic are on the lower floors and the streets and bars nearby are very loud. Complimentary wifi/water/tea/coffee, located near britomart and Queen Street and of course the viaduct. Parking for this hotel is located about a 7 min walk from the hotel at $30 a day in the Britomart Car parks so drop off your luggage first!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Renato G, General Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Hello 551biancam and thanks for sharing your review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms and facilities.

Although all of our windows are double glazed, I suppose being centrally located right on Queen Street, the noise levels at night from party goers might have an effect on the most hearing-sensitive guests. Our apologies on this regard and our team is always available to assist with either providing ear plugs or potentially finding another suitable room in the hotel (appreciate not always the most convenient option for some guests, but we are committed to do whatever we can to ensure our guests have a peaceful and relaxing night's sleep).

I am always available to assist whenever required so please feel free to drop me a line next time you are coming back and I will surely look after your needs.

Thanks very much and wishing a lovely week ahead.

Kind regards, Renato.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The bed was perfection.... The attention to detail supertanker... Awaiting to see was breakfast is like
The razor in the bathroom was the smoothest I've used... Massive TV... Coffee pods.nice seating... Spotless.
Beautiful

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Renato G, General Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello petercharleslawton and thanks so much for sharing your review. It's great to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay especially the little touches which have been carefully designed for your comfort and relaxation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Renato.