SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$149
US$133
  • Pool
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$63
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

US$109
US$97
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$106
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$117
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$96
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$104
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

City Lodge(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$48
    Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

US$156
    Agoda.com
    • Restaurant
    Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
    US$34
    US$27
    Agoda.com
    Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

All reviewssky towerqueen streetaotea squareroom ratecrowne plazalocation is excellentstayed nightsauckland cityatriumhairdryeriron
    Reviewed 16 November 2017

Booked the room on the basis that the pictures showed a desk suitable for laptop working. Unfortunately this was also the main surface for everything. I became quite innovative at hiding the stuff provided out of the way and finding enough space to spread out my stuff and find homes for clothes and toiletries.

Luckily it was only me sleeping in the room as the other side of the double bed was a squeeze to get to - necessary to close the window. However, this didn't really reduce the road noise much. The greatest problem overnight was the periodic beeping from the pedestrian crossing to indicate the lights were green. I was up on the 5th floor so really hadn't anticipated any such noise.

The door had a standard security chain. I was inspired to use it although normally I didn't bother. I was woken early by a cleaner hoovering in the corridor. This may have been extra loud because I discovered the door was open and caught on the chain. Not sure whether it was housekeeping who tried to keep in or somebody else. Certainly nobody announced themselves or apologised and obviously didn't close the door either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the main road
    • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
    Reviewed 15 November 2017

I'd read a lot of very negative reviews so I had low expectations. My room was actually quite large, plenty of wardrobe space for a four day stay, and I had a lot of samples for work which all fit without needing to step over them every day. Bathroom was sizeable as well. Staff were very friendly. Location was great - I could walk to a lot of my meetings around the CBD. The real problem is the wifi situation. You need to get a paper slip from reception with a new code every day. This is just irritating, a waste of paper, and I don't think it actually caps guest internet usage, because no one was tracking how many new codes I asked for. Just get unlimited wifi and this hotel will be a great option for business travelers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
    Reviewed 3 November 2017

The hotel is really nice and its very close to all things. Very good value for the money I paid. All the staff very nice including the cleaners. The reason to my one star is one front desk attendant named Ishwor was rude on check in and I needed a map and some info he just was disinterested in what I wanted and was busy on his compute. Did not look at me and when he finally did he was so rude and nasty, never in my travels I saw anyone at the frontline this rude and grumpy. So sad for this hotel

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
    4  Thank qiang y
    Reviewed 26 October 2017

Nice lady at the counter is the ončly reason this review isn't worse. I don't even care about small rooms, but most important thing for me is wi-fi, since i travel on business. They give you 300mb a day, and if you want another 1 gb, you need to pay 15 dollars. That is 15 dollars for 1 gb internet. But that is not all. The mb counter opens up in your browser, counting down mbytes left. When it came down to 260mb, it just logged out, and said no more data available. I reported this at the counter, and guy who obviusly has no knowledge of the it tried to blame it on some kind of windows update, as if that wouldnt register on the mb counter. Then i got another daily 300mb, went to my room, tried to download 250mb file, and after 150mb the same happened. I came back to the reception 5 minutes after the last time reporting this, and he told me he is 100% sure that is not what happened. Or in short: 1.i am lying or 2.he doesnt care. 0 hospitality. In the end they told me they will call a taxi to the airport at a special price of 40$ for me. And the taxi came, and it was 40$, but they forgot to mention i cannot get a receipt for that, since it is obviusly not legal. So i dont have a receipt, which means i have to pay for it myself, and not my firm. Also, there is no air conditioning of any kind in the room, not cooling or heating. I have been to over 100 hotels in the past 2 years. This is the worst.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
    2  Thank Duje L
    Econoldge c, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge City Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Duje

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We do provide free 300 Mb internet per person, per day. I can see that you booked and stayed in a compact budget room, we do have larger rooms which are more spacious. If you would have provided us with an opportunity while you were at the hotel we would have upgraded you to one of larger studio room.

We have raised your concern with the taxi company and they assured us that they do provide receipts for all fares and they will be talking to all their drivers.

Dana

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel property and convenient and central to all Auckland's attraction's -
    A short stroll to Sky City Tower -

In terms of hotel rating levels this property is in the budget range - Which is fine and as the saying goes - " You get what you pay for" At the ens of the day I don't mind as its a place to sleep.

The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful

there is parking though validated for the Atrium when you pick up the car for $11 per night.

There is breakfast but at a added cost.

The room is small and cosy, very compact - basic features, not fancy but like I said you get what you paid for and its just to sleep so its fine.

The Wifi is a little frustrating so don't get too excited as its a 300mb limit though you might bet able to get another pass for another 300mb - good luck.

I found the bed a bit uncomfortable BUT - it doesn't mean someone else will....

I would reccomdmednd to anyone BUT - DON'T EXPECT THE WORLD...

The staff are friendly