“Good food and service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great luncheon there and the room was large and bright. Ambiance was okay. More important thing was the food and service. The hostess was helpful and nice to see someone happy to serve you. The meals were cooked perfectly and the lamb shanks juicy.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Had a work dinner here and really enjoyed it. The decor isnt flash, and looks very tired (picture marks on walls etc) but the food was very good.
Great place to catch up for dinner with friends but dont go with high expectations or you wil lbe dissapointed. The resturant area gets very loud, we were one of about 3/4 tables and could hardly hear.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Enjoyed our meal cannelloni and lamb shank preceded by beer battered chips. Waitress was attentive, efficient and friendly. Very few diners on this Sunday night- mind you it was cold! Went to use my entertainment card to be told that all sorts of things were not covered by that- when clearly they should been. Will be contacting Entertainment card on Monday to tell them of the hassles. Would probably return if it wasn't for the hassle over the bill and having to stick up for my rights.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

This is more for the gastronomic uneducated or for those who have not visited Italy. Lacks the taste of Italy. Waiters did function and not knowledgeable of the menu

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We thought we would enjoy a meal out and tried Amphora Restaurant. We will never ever return to this restaurant.

Good Points:
The service was good.
My dinner was good. I had Farfalle Alla Trapanese pasta entre size (as a main) and i had a rocket and parmesan salad on the side.

Bad Points:
My partners dinner was TERRIBLE! He had the Tuesday special, choose your meat, condiment and side for $25.

He chose Hawkes Bay Marinated lamb steak with the mushroom sauce and fries. He asked for his steak to be cooked medium rare.
You know when you cook a steak, and the grill needs to be super hot to sear it just nicely? His was pink and rubbery on the outside - the pieces of meat he got were really chewy with heaps of stringy bits in it - almost inedible.
The mushroom sauce had all of 3 slices of mushroom in it.
The fries...hardly any. When we eat at other restaurants they load the plate with fries (because they are cheap as chips lol) but this was ridiculous. I looked at his plate and thought "are they trying to save money or something?".

He ordered an orange juice. They watered it down! Why would you water down juice in a restaurant? I know when juice has been watered down because I do it all the time for my kids. Disgusting.

Then to top it all off, I was charged $5.90 for my rocket and parmesan salad, but the menu said $5.00.