“Excellent”

The Square Restaurant
Ranked #433 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We had dinner here the night before we flew out to Fiji.Once again - Superb.
We shared a parmesan , herb bread to start.I enjoyed the melt in you mouth beef cheeks with my wife enjoying a pan fried snapper.We finished by sharing their chocolate dessert.
Excellent food , staff and service.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Found the food ( Break and Dinner) there to be top quality and the service of the staff excellent , also had family come over and they catered for kids as well. Awesome stuff .

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I am not a fan of airport hotels and wherever possibe I avoid them.

However, Spending 2 nights at an Auckland Airport hotel ended up being unavoidable and worse still, my hotel was a budget hotel that had no restaurants. So each evening I did a 20 minute walk from my budget hotel to The Square Restaurant at the more salubrious (compared to my budget hotel) Airport Novotel.

The staff are very welcoming, something that seems to be the norm wherever you go in New Zealand. On the first night I dined alone late after having just flown in from Australia. This night I just had a ceaser salad which hit the spot.

The second night I dined there I was part of a larger group.
The food was very good. For entree I had a small garden salad which was very generous in size but importantly, fresh with a very nice dressing. For main I had the scotchfillett which was excellent and cooked exactly as ordered, the mushroom sauce was particularly good. For desert I had the rhubarb tart which was excellent, great pastry, not too sweet and delicious tasting.

My colleagues ordered a varirty of entrees, mains, deserts and sides. All were very complimentary about their meals.

The wine list by the glass is not extensive but when a country is blessed by great Pinot Noir, it was not an issue.

An oasis from the usual airport terminal trash food right next to the international terminal.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Had a chance to visit the square at the Novotel, Pune. Booked my table well in advance and they were able to give me the table even when I arrived a bit earlier, considering the restaurant was flooded with people.
We were greeted by Saurabh,(supervisor/ team leader) and were taken to our table, he was well versed with the menus and wines to go along with the order. Quiet a funny and extremely helpful guy to chat with. Kolhapuri pomfret and nachos were amazing and so was the Risotto Asparagus.
Price does lefts a bit hole in your pocket, but hey! The food and service is worth it.
Would definitely return to the square on my next visit to India & Pune.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Attached to the Airport hotel you don't expect much- I had breakfast- baked beans on toast - coffee and some juice