“Cafe Miko”
Review of Cafe Miko

Cafe Miko
Ranked #1,830 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Okay but fairly average. Tried a generous slice of carrot cake which was firm and quite dry accompanied by a dollop of cream. The coffee was satisfactory but not good. Cafe Miko is set in the grounds of the Botanical Gardens which are worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

The cafe is spacious with tables outside - so you can enjoy a view of gardens while eating.
Cabinet food as well as menu. Nothing wrong with the food, but it was average fare rather than special. We found the staff friendly and haepful

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We popped in for lunch after taking our dogs for a walk in the gardens (which are beautiful). We both ordered the Summer Breeze Salad, which looked great on the menu. I've had salads there a few years ago that were delicious, but this was mostly mesculin salad leaves, a few small pieces of pumpkin and canned beetroot, scattered with a sprinkle of feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds. It was terrible value for $17.50.

I specifically asked for EXTRA HOT hot chocolate, and the girl repeated that back to me. But she didn't make a note of it, so what I received was very luke warm. I returned it to ask them to warm it up, but was told they couldn't so would make a fresh one. Just as I finished my lunch, it arrived and was tasteless. Such a waste of nearly$50.

We were both very disappointed in what was meant to be a lovely relaxing lunch on a sunny day. I wont be returning.

1  Thank Nicola G
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My husband and I took my parents out to lunch here for their Christmas present. It's a great spot, looking out over the Botanic Gardens with indoor and outdoor seating, and even an area with bowls of water for your dog. The staff were friendly. I was impressed that when they delivered our order to our table, they remembered who had ordered what. My bowl of hot chocolate was great, and all our lunch orders were also very nice. After lunch we went for a walk around the gardens, which made it a great outing. Will do it again next year!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I ordered a drink in a bottle, I think it was over priced. The cafe is lovely though, and the garden is incredibly beautiful