Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$159
US$152
Hilton
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$150
US$127
US$132
US$92
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$65
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$107
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

City Lodge(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$48
    Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$157
    • Restaurant
    Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
    US$46
    US$36
    Agoda.com
    Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

All reviewsqueen streettop endshort staygreat showerfree wifione bedroom suitebusiness tripkitchen facilitiesbeds were very comfortablesmall kitchenlate checkairport buswater pressurenice roomcomfortable staystayed here for two nightsenjoyed my stay
    Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

What a find! I read a few other reviews which mentioned VR has the best beds and showers - and that's the truth! I've stayed in lots of hotels for business, many 2-3 times the price of VR, and the beds have been worse. VR isn't the latest in fancy decor but everything is clean and fresh - and those beds are to die for!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
    1  Thank Thelly76
    VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Thelly,
    We wish to thank you for your valuable feedback and are happy to note that you had a comfortable and a good experience with us. Its nice to know that you liked our staff and their approach towards customer delight, we take pride in that.
    I shall certainly convey your compliments to the housekeeping staff. Its great to know that you liked the beds and the shower pressure.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

All in all, I enjoyed my stay, but I'd challenge the 5-star rating. Wotif.com advertises this Hotel as a 5-star hotel. Foyer looks like 3-3.5 star. Strange odour in the hallway, however room was clean and lovely.
    Advertised as a king room, it was actually two twin beds pushed together. The pillows made up for this disappointment. This aside, room was spacious with kitchen along one wall.
    Bathroom was fine. Shower bay was large but the shower stool/chair in corner detracted from the model feel. Important feature though for impaired guests.
    Easy walk to city food and tourist destinations and a convenience store across the street for water/snacks.
    Reception staff, when they were there, were very helpful. Called me taxis each morning and printed my presentation for a fee per page. Did ring multiple times though with no answer.
    Restaurant was OK - ate breakfast only. Tables were small and not a private area, but those eggs were pretty tasty after an overnight flight!
    Overall would recommend if you have commitments top end of the city.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Pebble,
    I shall certainly convey your compliments to the housekeeping staff. Its good to note that you found the hotel location very central.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. However the internet kept going off and there was never anyone to help out. The reception phone was never answered and we did miss room service.
    Plus points. Great location and comfortable room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
    VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
    I shall certainly convey your compliments to the housekeeping staff. The internet problem has been rectified and it is perfectly fine now.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Room itself was clean,and well equipped.Great shower, and very comfortable bed.

All the staff were friendly and accomodating.

It was clean, stylish, roomy with excellent service in restaurant where we had dinner. Food was beyond good and great value for money.

I could say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this second time around,I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank mira804

Dear Mira,
    I shall certainly convey your compliments to the housekeeping and restaurant staff.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for work at the beginning of August. Room had not been cleaned very well. Room was not restocked when serviced. However this pales in comparison to the service received after I left. I left 4 items of clothing in the wardrobe contacted the reception. I had a phone call confirming all 4 items were located as I described and an email saying that the items would be couriered. Only 3 of the 4 items were included in the parcel. I was overcharged for the courier charge. I asked for a receipt which was needed as it was charged to my company card. They refused to provide me a receipt. I have called and emailed around 8 times regarding the missing item. The staff member I spoke with in the first instance told me she knew nothing of the items and had no response when I said how is that possible when I have received an email confirming they were found after her phone call confirming they were found. I was promised the manager would call me on 3 occasions and he never called. Today I received an email saying only 3 items were found. I avoid this accommodation at all costs and any of the other accommodation run by this manager.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
    VRGroup, General Manager at VR Queen Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Lorellin,
    Its unfortunate that you feel this way and blame our staff for your mistake. As explained to you earlier in the emails we have couriered all the clothes that were located in your room.The email confirmation to you was that some clothes were located in your room and will be couriered to you. At no point did you ever specify that you had left back a particular type of jacket. You see any reviews down below, the conduct of our staff is exemplary and everybody has complimented our staff for their friendliness and service. You are unnecessary blaming us for your negligence and seeking a refund of $600 for a jacket you claim to have left behind. If you had handed over any item to us or called back that have we found this particular type of jacket in your room and we had confirmed the same, then I am ready to take the responsibility. You are just blaming us on your assumptions.
    I think $10.50 for a courier of 3 clothes is not an overcharge where $7.50 is for the box and $3 for the postage, which was explained to you in my email. No charges for our polite and sincere service to you.