Shakespeare Hotel is a great little place to stay in Downtown Auckland. Though Albert Street is under construction right now, it is not hard to get to. Right near St. Patrick's Cathedral, there are several handy parking ramps and some on street parking. It is an beautiful older building and the rooms are very nice, clean and safe. Bed was very comfy and there was a little fridge and tea kettle. It is upstairs from the brewery and pub which are fantastic and includes several beers made on the premises, along with Guinness and other standards. Paul is a top notch manager and very particular about the way the Guinness is poured, as well as making sure the vibe in the pub stays right. Apparently the restaurant on the first floor is good, but I didn't eat there. The guest rooms are up 2-3 flights of stairs without a lift. The wifi works great and the location is central to everything downtown. Plenty of places nearby, but you might not want to leave this cozy little pub/hotel and the brilliant people who run it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1898 was the birth of the Shakespeare Hotel and ever since then it has been serving New Zealanders and travelers from around the globe with warm hospitality and wonderful flavours in food being New Zealand's first Brewpub, with our own crafted beer, handcrafted from one of New Zealand's award winning Brewers and a mix of local NZ beers. The Location of the Hotel is excellent bang in the middle of Auckland City so close to all transport with buses, ferrys etc within a few hundred meters. The accommodation consists of 10 rooms which are basic with an en-suite and the beds are comfortable. This is not your typical boring hotel. The Shakespeare oozes character and if you are afraid of walking up a few stairs then probably not the place to stay. Each room is different and the rooms on the top floor are more modern than the lower floor. The Terrace Restaurant offers a great mix of cuisine, live music out on the al fresco dining deck overlooking the city every Friday. We are not 5 star in terms of accommodation but we are definitely 5 stars in a good quality Kiwi experience...we look forward to having you as our guests.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shakespeare Tavern And Hotel
- Shakespeare Tavern Hotel Auckland Central
- Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel Auckland, New Zealand