We stayed here for 2 as it was very central. Parking was a huge expense as street parking was unavailable due to enormous road works. There are heaps of stairs up to the rooms, the room was really small with the ceiling bulging out from the wall which my head collided with frequently. Nothing special about this place, overpriced for a pub. The pool table was the best thing about our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1898 was the birth of the Shakespeare Hotel and ever since then it has been serving New Zealanders and travelers from around the globe with warm hospitality and wonderful flavours in food being New Zealand's first Brewpub, with our own crafted beer, handcrafted from one of New Zealand's award winning Brewers and a mix of local NZ beers. The Location of the Hotel is excellent bang in the middle of Auckland City so close to all transport with buses, ferrys etc within a few hundred meters. The accommodation consists of 10 rooms which are basic with an en-suite and the beds are comfortable. This is not your typical boring hotel. The Shakespeare oozes character and if you are afraid of walking up a few stairs then probably not the place to stay. Each room is different and the rooms on the top floor are more modern than the lower floor. The Terrace Restaurant offers a great mix of cuisine, live music out on the al fresco dining deck overlooking the city every Friday. We are not 5 star in terms of accommodation but we are definitely 5 stars in a good quality Kiwi experience...we look forward to having you as our guests.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shakespeare Tavern Hotel Auckland Central
- Shakespeare Tavern And Hotel
- Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel Auckland, New Zealand