“great place for family/ groups”
Review of Bolaven

Bolaven
Ranked #396 of 2,460 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Our family had dinner on Mothers day evening here and it was great. There were 8 of us 5 adults 3 teenagers and we chose 8 different dishes and the ones we liked best we ordered 3 more. The green papaya salad, duck spring rolls, and the lamb dishes were the favourites. Good sticky rice too.the menu catered for gluten and dairy free diets adequately. Service was excellent. I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and think it is a good place to go in a group 4-8 people so that you can try the different dishes.

1  Thank Jenny M

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I came solo to taste the pho, which many around Auckland claim as the best in town. The Pho was really good, probably in the top 3 in town.

The restaurant management (principle not people) however, was cringe-worthy. I arrived at 6:45pm on Friday and was one of the only guests. By 7:15, the entire restaurant was completely full. There were four front of house staff and a manager for a ~40 pax restaurant- all triple sat.

My service was below average (inexperienced) when I was the only one there. They didn't bring cutlery or water until after they brought my food. I understand the restaurant was filling up quickly, but still. I feel for those who are hoping for great service on their Friday night.

Recommend coming early or late as they don't seem to have seating management skills.

Would come back off peak to try other dishes. Cool atmosphere, comfy boho chic.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The place is bright and spacious, waiters are attentive and friendly, coffee was good, and the brunch was quite tasty. I had the sago, which was a great intro to my day.

1  Thank barsegh
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Still mourning the loss of Epsom's Me Ne Frego we've been looking for a local restaurant to take it's place. With beautifully presented, great tasting food and an easy, laid back atmosphere, I think we may have found our new go to place in Bolaven. On top of that, great service from the delightful waitstaff.

1  Thank NZFoodPrude
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Went to Bolaven last night for the first time. Staff couldn't have been more friendly.

The food was fabulous although all came out in such a rush would have been better to time the meals with a little space between. Family style dining is a great way to share different meals. All practically coming out at once completely filled our table increasing the need to rush through it and not take time to savor.

The Pho was a little too salty for my liking and still tasted delicious.

1  Thank David-A-Frazer