“Addictive fried chicken”

Mui Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,419 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The fried chicken is to-die-for and comes with any dinner bento box that you order. The best part is that you can order a bucket of fried chicken, which my boyfriend and I have been doing because it's so yummy. As a big fan of fried chicken myself, I've high standards and Mui's has possibly one of the best fried chicken I've had in NZ. I also love their crab cream croquette and volcano roll. Service is consistently good as well. On my last visit, the staff sent out another small dish of fried chicken and explained that the ones in my dinner box weren't enough. How thoughtful! Tea is complimentary and free-flow.

1  Thank yanshyanne

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Having read other reviews we thought we would try Mui out. We weren't disappointed. The food was lovely and fresh. The tempura was delicious. Lotus root chips crispy. Bento boxes value for money. Every member of our group enjoyed their meals.
The service was nice and friendly. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent service, comfortable and nice decor. Food was great - crispy and delicious tempura. Crispy pork belly is healthy and out of this world. Chilli chicken was spicy and tasty. Loved the jazz music in the background too.. enjoy

Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

I have taken there by my friend and was def amazed with their food. Can't fault anything. Well, actually if something then it would be the waiter who forgot to bring us the rice ;)

I love the experience there, especially the beef tataki. It so far has been the best one I've had. Lamb taste great too. Roasted crispy pork was good too but I recommend you to get lamb, it's so much nicer and very unique. We paid just over $60 for 3 entrees , 2 mains for the too quality dishes, high end restaurant. Plus an in house dessert for free. Taste very good though. I would expect to pay at least $10 for that.

Would def come back

Reviewed 11 February 2015

This place used to be known as Osaka Restaurant which we frequented before the name change by new owners.
Decided to give it a go after almost a year. What a surprise!
Granted the menu was rather limited but the taste is actually much better!
At really great prices - bentos started at $12 (after has been raised to $15 in January)

Be prepared for rather small portions.
We usually do the bentos and order side dishes (sashimi/ Tempura - around $6 to 8 )
Still ends up cheaper than most other Japanese places I reckon.
Have been back couple of times for quick lunch