“Dine to impress”

Ranked #2 of 2,413 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were entertaining six overseas visitors who we wanted to impress so decided to take them to The Grove. The staff and food were both excellent. We where hosted by Micheal the charismatic owner who impressed everyone with his extensive wine knowledge. Beautiful fine dining experience with a friendly vibe.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Dined there last night and we were blown away by the food, absolutely delicious. Amazing sauces and purees perfectly matched to the meltingly fresh seafood and meat. First time trying lamb tongue and beef tartar, would never have ordered them yet Wow, so good. And the wagyu beef OMG best meal I have ever eaten. And the dessert!!

Four course was ample as it was preceded by bread and tasters.

Fabulous wine list, wonderful atmosphere and relaxed staff who obviously love being part of your evening.

Unable to fault anything. Go.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nothing that I write will do any of the courses justice. And the photos I took definitely do not capture the beauty and freshness of the dishes. We didn’t have a menu to review before we were served so every serving was an exciting surprise. Every single course was amazing. I couldn’t honestly pick a favourite. We got to try food I’d never been brave enough to try before like tongue and sweetbread, cooked so cleverly that I would never have known that that’s what I was eating! I’m now a convert!! And I’ve never had cauliflower or parsnip purée so silky before! We opted for the 7 course degustation without the matching wines. We ordered a bottle of the Burn Cottage Pinot noir which paired wonderfully with all the courses. We can’t wait to return for the winter menu in a couple of months.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Such a sensational dinner on a Saturday night. Staff were very knowledgeable and assisted with everything we wanted during the night. The making of the dessert at your table was very clever and the theatrics were nice!

Worth going too!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We have beem in many restsurants all over the world. The Grove is the top five...
Innovative,creative and full of surprises.
The team was unbelievable.
We'll sure visit ahain on our next visit to NZ.