Ashwood Manor
Ibis Hamilton Tainui(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$87
US$84
US$87
US$84
Lake Point Motel(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$80
TripAdvisor
US$59
TripAdvisor
All reviewsground coffeeplumbing noisesjetted tubliquid soaphand towelsclose to city centrespacious roomwater pressure in the showercoffee plungerstayed one nightnice stayserviced dailyhome away from homewould stay againwaikato hospitalvictoria streetsky tv
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The room was tidy and spaces. You could hear the people in the next room not idea from when they had a shower to flashing the toilet and coughing. You could smell the drain pipes in the bath room. Not sure why they need to use public toilet roll holder and soap dispenser. We got there on wet cold night the room was wide open so was freezing not ideal. Breakfast was over price 18 for a bowl porridge. So much for free WiFi it wouldn't let us log in. Won't be staying there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Great Location , walking distance to bars ,shops etc. Big Rooms that have everything you need . Spa Pool in Bathroom which is great . Only stayed 2 nights and room was serviced daily ,would def stay again.

Room Tip: not sure as all look good
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I arrived at a city centre hotel and expected to hear traffic all night but was pleasantly surprised. The road noise was minimal and although the plumbing was noisy it did not disturb me, maybe my sleep patern upset the other guests when I showered before the were awake. The plumbing noises are totally understandable and acceptable because when you get into the shower it is strong enough to remove the 3 hour flight and 2 hour drive with water to spare. I never used the spa bath, standing under the shower removed all aches and pains. I would have preferred a smaller bath and bigger cubicle but then I would not have left the room.

Internet was slow, car park full, the two may be related, full occupancy taking up all the bandwidth. Which made me forget work and spend more time in the shower.

5 minutes walk gets you on hood and Victoria streets full of food and bars, just far enough to be out of ear shot but close enough to enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank overseas_engineer
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1 night, wish we could've stayed longer. Unit was very spacious, bathroom was huge. Spa tub was amazing! Water pressure in the shower was heavenly. Kitchenette was cute and had everything we needed. Freshly ground coffee on arrival was nice and unexpected. The beds and pillows were so comfy I wish I could take them home! Sky tv was great. Wifi was great. Staff were friendly and professional.
Don't know Hamilton at all but the location seemed central (4 min drive to Starbucks). Would recommend to friends, will definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This was a rather nice and comfortable room, very convenient, all amenities available.

However, by the time I arrived I had already decided I would consider very carefully staying with them again, and by the end of my stay I thought probably I won't ever again. I booked a ten night stay, no trifling matter, I was having medical treatment in the city and I needed a place to stay. I booked a week before. I was about halfway there, having just driven two hours without phone reception. I got a text message from them, saying please reply yes if you're still staying with us, so of course I replied yes as soon as I received the message. Then my phone rang as I pulled into their drive just after 7pm, I couldn't answer while I was driving so let it go to voicemail, and checked in as usual. When I listened to my message later that night, it was the motel, threatening to cancel my entire booking if I didn't phone them immediately to confirm. This is rude and unnecessary, never before have I been treated like this by a motel, particularly cheeky considering I can't get a refund on the first night so they would be getting double price for on-selling my already paid for room.

The other very bad thing was there was a noisy party half the night in another room, starting about 15 minutes before reception closed for the night, and they did absolutely nothing about it. I waited, surely they would do something, but no they just packed up and left for the night. I had to step around vomit on the stairs next day.

Breakfast was average, I ordered Vegemite and got Marmite, and the yolk on one of my poached eggs was blown out and destroyed and the eggs were overcooked. No butter, or margarine, what the? Never had a motel breakfast without butter or margarine for my toast before, Vegemite is not the same without it.

The stairs were tedious and not easy to get up fully laden, also it was sometimes quite a hike from the car as the car park was almost always full up by mid afternoon, so I had to park down the hill a bit.

The spa was lovely though, and I loved that dumplings were available by room service, and freshly ground coffee in reception although this could perhaps just be left in your room by housekeeping instead of making a big production of giving you something amazing that you wouldn't expect in a motel room. Just about every motel room in the country supplies ground coffee these days. Kitchenette was great and well laid out. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and cheerful, they could train reception staff in customer service.

So I can't really say for sure if I'd stay again, never say never, but this place would probably be near the bottom of my list after the way I was treated.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
AngleseaMotel, Reception at Ashwood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your honest comments, we are sorry to hear that you were threatened with loosing your room. The staff member you received the call from will be spoken to about this unacceptable behavior.

I would like to formally apologize for the way you were spoken to over the phone and the substandard breakfast. We pride ourselves on holding our services up to a high standard.

We are going to work on ways to make sure what you experienced never happens again.

Regards