“Great option for V GF DF”

Chantal Shop & Cafe
Ranked #38 of 207 Restaurants in Napier
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I've always visited Chantals as it's a great option for vegetarians in Napier's CBD. Recently they've really lifted their game & it's busier than ever. The food continues to be great but now the service & overall experience are worthy of a mention. We were really impressed with the friendly, helpful team & the general vibe of the cafe & it's outlook into the shop. Guest 2 is GF DF & soy free which wasn't an issue here. I'll now be visiting more often & it will be front of mind when I consider my next breakfast/brunch/lunch out. A great customer experience makes all the difference.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Okay it's a bit expensive, but I like that there is so many choices. I went especially for the bulk products, I really appreciate that you can buy stuff without too many packages for basic stuff like flour, cereals and sugar. Didn't try the cafe.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Chantal is the go-to spot for those of us in Hawke's Bay who prefer clean, organic and wholesome products - and meals. The shop offers all types of food, from fresh cheeses and produce to eco-friendly cleaning and beauty products.
The cafe has a great atmosphere and, being located in the yoga-centre of Napier, always has people in it still wearing their yoga gear. The food in the cabinet by the door always looks so fresh, healthy and down-right interesting that one is tempted to eat more than one perhaps had planned. It is hard to pass by such excellent food - and coffee - and healthy smoothies and juices, too.

Definitely worth a visit if you are in Napier.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Hungry for some fresh hot homemade food...

Harira - Moroccan lentil soup, did more than fill the spot, coupled with a beetroot &ginger latte to refresh my energy cells, while my beloved had flat white & Dutch apple pie... very fresh, tasty & yummy.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Varied and interesting food options and the shop offers lots of options to purchase healthy foods. I went with my 19 year old twins,who are both vegan, and they loved the food.