“Would NOT recommend. Ever.”
Review of Harbour View Lodge

Harbour View Lodge
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed 18 November 2017

After staying here for a night in Feb, decided to come for 4 days for my birthday last week, bringing our 3 youngest children. So after a muck up on booking.com in September I rung and personally spoke to someone to confirm my booking, and waited on the ph whilst I received my email confirmation. Spent months planning, and looking forward to this time away. So with 3 children ( adult child sadly had work) we drove 4 hours the afternoon before my birthday. Our youngest, 3, gets car sick, so spent last hour in car crook. And our 12 yr old who has an ongoing medical illness, was not the best upon arriving either. 9 yr old was ok - full of beans, ready to scooter on the boardwalk, and get takeaways from next door. Went in, said my name, to be told my booking had been cancelled, and they were fully booked. I explained that I personally spoke to someone regarding this, and had the email confirmation. She then found the email, but said sorry he never booked the room, and we have nothing. To say I was angry and disappointed was an understatement. I was ropeable. To make it worse basically Napier was fully booked. In the end we found a place to stay in Hastings. A great place, but not the views I had been waiting for for months. All my planning was gone, as we were now 30 minutes from where we would have been staying. Have had no ph call, nor email, nor an acknowledgment for what was 100% their mistake, and besides the lady saying she felt bad, nothing in way of apology, to myself, and my gutted children. Was booked to stay here again, but would NEVER stay again. And would tell anyone that asked to not stay here. This motel will never understand the disappointment my family felt - we were just very grateful to find a place in Hastings that could accommodate us all, and with the best customer service. We did cut our holiday short as I was pretty upset with how everything panned out. Would NOT RECOMMEND to anyone!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Lovely place to stay in a nice area but would be reluctant to return without a change in management. the woman running this establishment should be kept well away from the public. Very rude and obviously not aware that tourism is a service industry. A pity really.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyatRotoNZ
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We just stayed one night here but the hotel had large rooms with a balcony and a good view across the water. A lovely quiet area only a few minutes drive into the centre and a walking track right in front of the motel. Much preferred this spot than in the city centre. Also walking distance to a variety of restaurants.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were a group of 14 Harley guys, and having stayed along "The Strip" closer to the centre of town many times previously, were keen to try the "Marina" end of town. Great views, great outlook, good rooms, all within an easy walk to bars, cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank donmalcolm
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Good location for easy access around Napier and walking. Great views.
Bed was really hard but I guess that is personal choice! Would stay here again if I could get another good deal on accommodation..

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple