“My kind of breakfast.”

Six Sisters Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 18 Quick Bites in Napier
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh Locally roasted coffee, homemade baking, a few light eats, coffee beans to take home.
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I read about the Six Sisters on Tripadvisor, so when we happened across it on our recent trip to Napier we called in for a late breakfast. I had the homemade granola and it was just my kind of breakfast! It was totally delicious, crunchy, nutty ( not too sweet) granola, natural yogurt and berry compote( again, not too sweet ). I loved it. The coffee lived up to the New Zealand reputation for good coffee, a nice strong, foamy cappuccino. My husband had a date and orange scone and I could smell the orange from across the table when he cut into it. He said it was beautiful. Can't recommend this delightful little coffee house enough.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Quaint little cafe, with a nice view.
We went in for breakfast, but the selection was small and the prices seemed high. I just had a scone, and was happily surprised at how delicious it was! I was hesitant about the flavour (orange and date), but I ate every crumb! The cappuccino was tasty too. My husband loved the pesto with his bagel and eggs, but it wasn't a lot of food for the price. (I think about $15 for a bagel with what looked like 1 scrambled egg on top). Coffee was priced about the same as everyone else in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I popped in for lunch on a whim as I was walking past on the way back to work. Thoroughly disappointed. I had a bacon and egg bagel and a hot chocolate.

At least the hot chocolate was hot but that was where the good news ends.

The minuscule bagel came out on a large dinner plate. The bagel itself had the density of uranium 235. Seriously it took considerable effort to cut into it. It was almost inedible and only hunger and sheer determination saw me eat about half of it. Honestly I would have been embarrassed to serve it to anyone. I just can't understand how the person who made it was oblivious to how bad it was.

Never again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We weren't particularly going to Napier for anything, and stumbled, literally, across this little house turned cafe.
It was busy, the staff member apologised for being on her own, having sent the other staffer out for supplies "when it was quiet".
That said the fare is tasty, the coffee acceptably drinkable, the only downside for us was the size. Inside full on a briskly breezy slightly chilly day, leaving only an outside on the deck option.
We managed to grab a small table inside, more comfortable and warmer.
Service was a little slow, but the delivery of quality product made up for the slightly longer than normal wait.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

A pretty cafe, on Marine Parade, would be lovely on a sunny day but was nice and warm on a wet rainy day.

A very small menu to choose breakfast from, would be more suitable for coffee and cake (which looked amazing). We had the fresh muesli with yoghurt which while very nice, there wasn't much actual muesli, just a lot of yoghurt.

Date of visit: September 2017