All reviews mini break great location within walking distance electric blankets spacious apartment no air con incredible views view of the bay separate bedroom couple of nights cooking facilities full kitchen town centre local knowledge graham motel unit
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Room was an ice berg when we entered only to find there was no heating whatsoever in the middle of winter. Curtains were covered in black mould on the bottom from damp windows. I would return in summer as it right near the water and good location though would give it a miss during winter season.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
baywatcher2, Owner at Bayview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

All our apartments have heaters but you will need to open the bedroom cupboard to locate them.Had you consulted management you would have had a warm apartment. In winter mould is a constant problem which is continually sprayed with Curtain Magic to remove .

Graham.....Owner

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had 3 nights here. The units were lovely and the weather was great. The units were very well appointed and the views were great. Within walking distance of the township and ferries. Would highly recommend this motel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We required a pet friendly motel so booked Bayview for this reason only. The manageress, Jo, has been most helpful and did all that she could to help us. However, the owner of the motel let her down. He attempted to fix our tv which had a reception issue & he left the aerial stuck on the wall with tape which duly fell off. He said that it was temporary until the next morning when it would be fixed. He never returned to do anything. Jo kindly offered us another room to view tv. Not ideal but did her best.
The overall quality of the room is not the best. Yes, it is clean but is older and lacks function of air quality . No air conditioning or heating. The room is stuffy. Location is on a corner. Whilst the view is stunning the noise is bad. Constant traffic noise.
Handy to walk everywhere but the motel really needs an upgrade. Compared to 4 star the difference in cost is not a lot and this is definitely a 3 star.
A final word- appreciated the efforts from Jo.
The owner needs to step up the standards; tv aerial issues for five nights is not good enough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

perfect for a little get-away with friends. everything was clean, the bathroom very big and quite nice. balcony had a nice size and a good view. perfect location super close to the town centre, the sea and the beach are on the other side of the road. we enjoyed our little stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I recommend never staying at this place. I booked several weeks ago through wotif to stay there for several nights. The evening before I was due I recieved a phone call from Bayview saying they had no rooms available for me as they had just placed somebady into my room. When I asked how this had happened they said they only checked the day before to see who was due in the next day. They reckoned they didn’t have time to check booking however I travel all the time for work and have stayed in places and never been told such a load of crap. People stay away from this place and make sure you tell everybody about this experience. I now have to find alternative accomodation as the place they recommended is totally unsuitable.

Room Tip: Never use this place
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
baywatcher2, Owner at Bayview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

We never received Wotifs notification of the guests reservation and only discovered it on Siteminders website the day before arrival. Unfortunately we had let all our rooms and had no availability to accommodate the guest. We immediately located 3 other motels with availability and telephoned the guest to explain the problem advising that we had identified alternative accommodation. The first option suggested was a Qual Mark 4.5 star rating but the guest rejected all efforts to help stating that the QUAL Mark motel was a dump. He advised that he did not need our help and would sort his accommodation himself.We apologised profusely