Bay of Islands area.
We drove to Paihia from Auckland, it took me about 5 hours, we stop for the odd cup of tea and to look at the views.
This Resort is right across from the beach, its a little way up from the main town, but just a couple of minutes drive or 15 minutes walk.
It really does not offer parking.
Reception is a little hard to find, as the main entrance is not clearly marked.
Its a small hotel, just a few floors.
We asked to be moved from our original room, as it was on pool level and looked over the seating in the outside park of the restaurant, so we shifted to the top floor, great view of the islands and beach.
The restaurant is not a restaurant but more a cafe style place, we had breakfast there, granola served in a jar, I am guessing the chef saw this in some food magazine and was inspired, may be great for the 18 to 21 year old set, but I am passed 60, and want the experience of eating breakfast without having to work out the angles and maths needed to get the yogurt from the indented ridge in the jar.
We had dinner at a local Restaurant, they served the food on a plate.
Good size, great view, bathroom was a little strange, the toilet was in a funny place, but over all good, clean and enjoyable, could do with a little freshening up.
My wife enjoyed the use of the spa, and informed me that it was just wonderful, I went for a bush walk, up the mountain, it took 45 minutes each way, its steep going up, and a little hard on the knees going down, the look out is a bit overgrown but great views of the islands and beaches, we stayed two days, enjoyed the resort, and the town.
Would love to stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa overlooks Paihia's most picturesque beach and is within walking distance of Paihia Wharf, the departure point to discover the wonderful Bay of Islands. Located within the Hotel is the chic poolside and ocean view restaurant offering only the finest culinary experience. Visit the hotel's award-winning spa, La Spa Naturale, offering first class spa treatments with a uniquely New Zealand flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paihia Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Beach Resort And Spa
- Paihia Beach Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa New Zealand - Bay Of Islands