All reviews mokoia restaurant steam room miri miri superior suite hell's gate relaxing weekend mineral pool award winning new zealand lake rotorua our honeymoon view of the lake stayed two nights enjoyable stay great facilities stayed longer short drive
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I had lunch at the restaurant which was magnificent! The food and the view was sublime. The service was fantastic, it was the perfect mix of attention without being over bearing. Lunch was followed by a spa and massage and again the service was fantastic. Cynthia was amazing. It was so relaxing and the massage was perfect. Thank you so much WaiOra Spa.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
WaiOra_Manager, General Manager at Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Nanvidgee,
Amazing! Thank you for an awesome feedback and a generous 5-star rating review. I am very pleased that our team delivered the experience on your visit. We are delighted to hear regarding your overall Mokoia restaurant and WaiOra day spa visit. This has certainly brought smiles around. It is going going to help us be more motivated in what we do best already. Rest assured, your comment has been shared with the entire team. We eagerly await your next visit. Thank you once again.
Warm Regards,
Aayush Silwal

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Great Location, nice setting, good accomodation. Stayed two nights, ok food (breakfast bar is very limited), Rooms are clean but small. On the lake, quite place, Excellent Sunrise point. Hotel has big backyard with pool, garden and open space.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Balvant P

Dear Balvant P,
Thank you for taking the time to review on us. We are very delighted to hear regarding your overall WaiOra experience. I am surprised by the limited breakfast option comment as we have a few options in our Ala carte breakfast menu. I sincerely apologize if the options did not meet your expectations. If there is any dietary requirement, our team has always ensured that our guests are looked after. I have shared your feedback with the team and management. Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards,
Aayush Silwal

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Wonderful spot to spoilt the wife for anniversary. Combine a massage and facial with a quiet, relaxed and comfortable room plus a super comfy bed earned me plenty of brownie points. Highly recommend as a one stop shop.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Although this was an attractive property with a very fine restaurant, I never felt quite comfortable here, and that may just be me. I had an outdoor facing room near the pool, and the room just felt dark, basic, and unsettling to me. Other. however, may find the Wai Ora to be romantic and fantastic with its spa amenities. Laundry facilities were available but not in the room. There was a nice sofa in the room, but the room was otherwise the usual motel style. Tea and coffee were available in the room. The room was o.k., but unfortunately not to my personal liking.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 48NYSV
Reviewed 6 May 2018

From the reception staff when booking to the bar/restaurant staff to the fabulous ladies in the spa - we had a fabulous time.
The room was great - we had the best pedicure and then full massage in the spa with staff who could not be more accommodating. Then two nights eating in the multi award winning restaurant that fully deserves its best restaurant to of the year award - the food we were served had the best flavours we had ever tasted . We do a pamper weekend every year when our men do opening weekend of duck shooting. We have been many places but without a doubt this is the best ever and we will definitely be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends