“Crap service, average food”
Review of Mac's Steakhouse

Mac's Steakhouse
Ranked #72 of 258 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Service is appalling. Waited over 45 minutes for our food. I went to find out what was going on as I approached the bar/desk I was asked ‘you want to pay’ no politeness just barked at.
Had been here before 8 months ago and food was great do brought a friend for a nice meal. Food was average, lamb was over cooked. Staff were unfriendly. Would not recommend

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We walked in and was served almost straight away. We ordered the pork belly and a chicken salad with side of onion rings while my son had the kids fish and chips. Pork belly was generous and cooked well but accompanied with some not so tasty sides, chicken salad was basically chicken schnitzel cut and placed on bed of salad with some pickle chutney, onion ring were ok but very oily. Not great food for the price charged.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We went to ask for a table and the waitresses look for one comeback and the men in the pic for calling him something said to her to seat us inside in a table .
5 minutes later he comes and said that we need to move to a bigger table and then he will move us again to smaller one ,then he could give to a family the table inside as they where cold .
So then I complaine saying why we should be moving twice when he told us to seat in that table in the first place ,he then said that he promise he will moves only once . Doesn’t make sense to me , I don’t know if because we are a gay couple and he prefer a family seating inside or he fancy me to Mitch and he will prefer not to see me that often inside ? Don’t know trying to find the Fanny side but can’t find it !
I travel around the world and stay in many hotels eats in restaurants expensive ones and more affordable ones or street food and I had never experience such a bad service in my life ( saying this the waitresses who told us to come in she was so embarrase by this ... behaviour . I can say how should be a service in a restaurant as my parents use to own 3 and a small hotel .
I hope karma get back to him not the company I hope it’s just him and not a company policy that 2 mens not aloud inside to eat

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I reviewed this place 4 years ago, gave it 5 stars. So was keen to try it again. I brought a group of 10 Americans for Lunch. Service was slow as a wet week, with waitress struggling to take orders on a tablet/phone. Food took sometime , coupled with slow order taking I think it was close to an hour before we got our food. I had to get up to find waitress to get some more drinks. The food was great though really good as expected. Sadly the service needs work.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

On a recent visit to Rotorua we ended up in Eat Street, this restaurant had a couple of reasonably priced specials so we gave it a whirl. Good steak sandwich at a fair price. Service was good and quick. There were quite a few tables occupied at this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon so obviously quite popular. Worth a visit

1  Thank Simon T