“Beautiful scenery!”

Horse Trekking Lake Okareka
More attraction details
Owner description: At Horse Trekking Lake Okareka you can explore 1500 acres of rolling sheep and cattle producing farmland on horseback. You will go on a guided trek through 500 acres of native bush between the volcanic Lake Okareka, Lake Tarawera and the famous Blue and Green Lakes. We have horses to suit all abilities. This is a horse rider’s paradise with stunning panoramic views. We cater for small groups of 1 – 12 people providing you with an exclusive riding experience.
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed a 2-hr. ride up to a stunning lookout over Lake Okareka with a volcano in the distance. Great horses, great guides, great scenery! Thanks Lucy!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The people who run this place are absolutely lovely. My husband and I do many horseback riding treks but this one has been the best so far! Kat, Lucy, and Sarah made the ride so much fun. They even let me trot and canter my sweet horse Niko. Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The scenery was beautiful, you can see how New Zealanders really lived. They were very hospitable, as we called early in the morning for a 3 person ride. My mum and I have a horse at home, on this trail ride I cantered for the first time and fell completely comfortable in doing so! Felt amazing to sit in the saddle for 3 hours while being surrounded by cliff edges and beautiful terrain. OH! and how could I forget Murphy the sheep? A hand reared pet who loves hanging out at the farm, very friendly easily managed to get a photo of me cuddling him. All in all 10/10 experience. Thanks ladies! #straya

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our trek through the hills around Lake Okareka.
Lucy was a great manager and knows all the horses and matches them really well with the riders. Our guides were great and the ride was so relaxing, even with a little bit of drizzle.
Thanks again Lucy

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

we could enjoy very nice horse riding with Lucy and other ladies about for 2 hours.
I highly recommend this horse riding company!!