2,782 results
All reviews eat street great location atlas restaurant lake view junior suite buffet dinner restaurants and bars thermal pools free internet hotel restaurant new zealand comfortable stay polynesian spa accor lakeside gym computers
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Location was amazing. Very close to the lake, views of the lake, eateries were right next to the hotel so no wasting of time.

car park plenty and free. book in advance.

we will go back again.

beds were too soft so we had a little bit of an issue sleeping.

Breakfast was decent and good.

Room Tip: book in advance and request the hotel for what kind of room you prefer.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Edward J, General Manager at Novotel Rotorua Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear abhishekmarines,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for the feedback in relation to the soft beds, we will most certainly review this.
We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Only stayed one night but the room was great and the beds were so comfy. They have jacuzzis that were geo thermal mineral springs. Very nice and relaxing. You have to pay for the internet in room for $10 for a 24 hour period or use the lobby for free for one hour

Room Tip: Quiet floors. Great ocean views
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Gena B,
Thank you for the great 5 star review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Novotel is the macdonalds of the hotel world, you know what you are going to get, the lobby and the the public areas are done really well. How ever they have forgotton about the rooms and they are now tored. IE Rust in the bathrooms, cracked sink in the bathroom, dirty toilet. The spa area needs a update as thats looking really sad now. The staff really do try there best to help you. The food is average at best, i am not a big fan of hotel resturants, its noramally way over priced for average food, this is novotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Glyder69,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do apologies if some aspect of the room accommodation and bathroom facility fell below your expectation. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Staying at the Novotel Rotorua, we found the decor to be rather shabby and dated, it is the only place we have stayed where there isn't free WIFI although can have an hour per 24 hours, but only in reception (who would use that ?). Even the backpackers hostel down the road had free wifi. They also charge a fee for paying with a credit card - again the first hotel we have stayed in during our New Zealand trip which has done this. Finally the bar, which should have been lovely, had staleness to it. On the flip side, the staff we met were lovely.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whitebears1

Dear whitebears1,
Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the service from our staff! However, I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, we do always try our best to deliver a service to suit all customer needs. We do have an extensive internal branding audit process and we will look into all your mentioned concerns.
We do hope that you enjoyed your time in New Zealand and we look forward to hosting you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

I usually stay at Novotel and Ibis hotels because they have a high standard of cleanliness and kept up to date. I was very disappointed that this was not the case in Rotorua. While the location and staff were great the rest was not

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear deannah468,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to see you appreciate the convenient hotel location and also our great staff.
However, I was disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I have taken your comments on board. Rest assured corrective action will be taken and I will personally look into this and I will share it with my team so that we can constantly improve.
Please get in touch with me when you plan your next visit so that we can take good care of you.