Stayed here for 2 nights with the family. Very central as is over the road from the Central hub of Warehouse, Briscoes, Farmers etc. Accommodated our family of 5 (3 kids, 2 adults) well upstairs. Very clean. Lovely staff. TVs in both bedrooms, and another downstairs. Full kitchen.
However, the decor was in need of some serious updating. Downstairs had low ceilings ith very little natural light. The dinig room was dismal at best so we ate out as much as possible (best choice is Burger Fuel - Rotorua needs a serious injection of Ponsonby-Road-level food cafes). Some suggestions (we were in room 14):
- paint out all the dark ochre (it is depressing) and replace with light grey (very modern)
- install more lights in the dining room (and repair the hole in the ceiling)
- change the 1950s-inspired dining suite to something more modern - even the Warehouse sell good basics
- replace the yellow glass by the front door with clear (the dim yellow light that filters through is depressing)
- put in nice toiletries in the bathroom (we had one soap bottle which looked like it had been used several times from the scuffed label)
- replace the non-descript paintings on the wall with photographs from around Rotorua (get out your phone, take some snaps, print them off at the Warehouse, and while there grab acheap frame and bam, your new local wall art is done).
The staff and cleanliness were outstanding, but the drab decor won't see me returning here. We normally stay at the Regal Palms but given the recent drowning there we won't be going there either. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smart comfortable 4 Star Victoria Lodge in Rotorua. Walk to restaurants shops cafes bars lakefront attractions. Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet recommended. Cosy Studios for 1-3 people with your own private thermally heated hot pool. Two bedroom self-contained apartments for families or small groups. SKY Guest Select 50+ channels. Pet friendly rooms available! Friendly and knowledgeable hosts Kasia and Shane will provide information and make reservations for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Rotorua