“Peanut Butter Slice!”
Review of Cafe Green Door

Cafe Green Door
Ranked #95 of 179 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Description: With a combined vision of both super nutritional, healthy optioned foods encompassing Paleo, FODMAP friendly choices and vegetarian ingredients to satisfy even the most sensitive dietary needs and lashings of a little more naughty and traditional cafe fare, there's sure to be something for everyone, including the kids, in our little slice of escapism at the end of the tunnel.
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I just stopped in for a coffee. Almond milk for me, please don't overheat the milk. Well I must say "perfect". I also had a piece of peanut butter slice....wow wow wow. The people were friendly and the food in the cabinet looked yummy. I'm thinking of going back for lunch and sitting out on the patio overlooking the river.

TerriNiwa, Owner at Cafe Green Door, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Chris.
Thanks for the great review. Look forward to you joining us for lunch in the sun sometime.
Cheers

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Incredibly slow. Always understaffed. I only come here because my young daughter is gluten free and they do have more than just the typical brownie on offer. I've never been when it's busy, thank goodness because when it's quiet they don't seem to be coping!

A quick coffee between jobs is a great heading...... However a slow response to your order is not.
We totally hear what your saying and have highlighted this to all staff and we really look forward to your next visit to see the shining staff at their best.
Really happy that your daughters dietary needs are well looked after too.
Regards

Reviewed 8 June 2017

good food selection
a little different from the norm
well worth trying from the menu , great burgurs

1  Thank johntoddl
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I enjoyed my lunch here, but the service was a bit slow. The staff seemed a bit more interested in chatting to locals than getting coffee for customers. I had eggs bene, which also came with a tasty kumara mash. The coffee took longer to arrive than the food!
Great food, just slow service.

1  Thank 1107nikki
Reviewed 23 May 2017

What a great find for Sunday brunch. Awesome menu with lots of healthy options. Quite a large menu & also good looking cabinet food. I chose the poached eggs with spinach greens & nuts on sourdough bread which was delious. The men at our table chose the mezzo breakfast which they devoured. Lots of vegan & gluten free options too. The ambience is lovely as we sat in the sun overlooking the Huatoki Plazza watching the ducks & people going by.

1  Thank Wendy w

HI Wendy.

Thank you for your great review. You highlighted perfectly the great things about our slice of madness at the end of the tunnel and we cant wait to see you again.

cheers