“Best cake a round ”
Review of Little Fed

Little Fed
Ranked #64 of 185 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I took my little boy here the other day whilst trying to kill some time. Very much like the Federal Store in Strandon, they've kept up with the stylish decor and excellent customer service.

Its called 'little' for a reason, everyone seemed rather squished whilst trying to make orders and queue but there is seating towards the back and I was impressed they still managed to supply highchairs. Good cabinet food options for quick and easy meals/take aways and if you have time to take a seat there's a good range of menu options also.

The cake by far will keep me coming back. Their GF caramel and choc brownie was to die for. I also got a take away louise slice for my husband who said it was the best he'd had. The chips were lovely and crispy and rather fast which was great although I must say I wasn't blown away with the coffee. Not only did it take longer than my entire order to arrive (but it was lunchtime), it wasn't very nice and tasted burnt. Other than that another great option for Westown and/or hospital visitors.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

A great little local cafe for those in Westown. It's nice to have a quality cafe close by without having to go into town. A little cramped in the front ordering area, but has a great space out the back. Love the 'yesteryear' decor. Had a yummy chicken burger last time we visited, but would prefer if it was not served on wooden board. Oh and must mention that they sell Foxton Fizz :)

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Always have great food here and the service is second to none. If you are looking for solace with a good atmosphere that isn't too full on this is it.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We decided on a walk through suburbia and by accident stumbled on this hidden gem of a café handily situated near the hospital. Great coffee and a good range of cabinet food and treats. We ordered scrambled eggs and a burger and were impressed with the size and quality of both. We also enjoyed the friendly service - the waitress saved us from the cold breeze out front and suggested we try the surprisingly spacious and sheltered courtyard out back. Little Fed was a highlight of our trip.