“Solid Eggs Benny and Long Black”
Review of Elixir Cafe

Elixir Cafe
Ranked #27 of 179 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Elixir Cafe -your daily fix. Every morning our muffins, cakes and biscuits are made fresh for you by our trained bakers and taste tested by our front of house staff. Our dedicated baristas are committed to coffee greatness were only the very best coffee is served. Our kitchen where possible uses fair trade, locally sourced, sustainable and free range products. Our qualified chefs have an all consuming passion for food, using a simple combination of fresh ingredients, providing you with an experience of home away from home.
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

If you're into Eggs Benedict this place does a nice job. Better than average taste. We liked the hollandaise accented with a little basil pesto. Although the sides are a bit overpriced, items were fresh.

My long black was perfect and was made with beans from Ozone.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We had lunch here on a very busy Saturday and although they had run out of a few things we had ordered they did their best to accommodate us including a dairy free eater. The food was great and the service was very freindly. will go back for sure.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We went here for breakfast. Coffee was nice and hot. Great friendly staff and I like how menu bought to the table. Delicious eggs Benedict and bacon and egg. They also served water to the table. Trendy atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

I visited yesterday with my children for the first time in at least a year. It's in a great spot to sit and watch city life whilst enjoying a good cup of coffee.

We ordered coffee, a fluffy with a kids biscuit and new York cheesecake. The cabinet was full of great looking food options and colours. The prices all average and not overally expensive. The decor is a great urban style with kiwi dub music in the background which makes a great setting.

The cheesecake topping was a bit too strong or too much/rich in my opinion as it seemed to mask the flavour underneath. I was tempted to go for the raspberry and caramel pinwheel which I may have to try next time. The coffee was spot on and my daughter loved her fluffy and cookie.

The staff were great, Friendly and bubbly. Well worth a visit :)

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Strange uncomfotable seating, not sure of style they trying to replicate but old school chairs and wobble tables not high up in my estimation. They have a couple of booth seats if you lucky enough to nab one if those. We were greeted with a smile and seated quickly. It's very busy and extremely noisey. Even though it was busy the coffees came out fast hot and totally delicious. Food came out in timely fashion hot and absolutely devine. It's worth being uncomfortable and suffering the noise as the coffee and food more than make up for it.