“Great Coffee and snack.”

The White Pear Cafe
Ranked #7 of 29 Quick Bites in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a lovely raspberry muffin with white chocolate in it. Hubby had a date scone. We both had a great coffee. Cafe was near where we were staying so it was pot luck, but we would certainly use it again. Good service, good coffee and good snack. Many thanks.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 9 October 2020

We had been to see the Len Lye exhibition and building and intended to wander around the city but it was cold and windy so we made our way back home to our motel and decided to turn of to Parklands. So glad we did. The Cafe was lovely and warm and we had a comfy sofa seat by the window. Ordered date scones and capuchino and short black for my husband. Everything just delicious.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 21 November 2019

This cafe, which I visit frequently and have reviewed before, has recently added keto items. I have tried three items so far, two sweet, one savoury, which were exceptional. It is hard to find keto in other New Plymouth cafes so big tick for their attitude.

It has added some extra seating outside and had a bit of an internal change round since my first review. Their selection is usually varied with menu changes. Works well.

Their coffee is always good as is their food.I visit often.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019

great food, very simple and open cafe, the rostis were delish and well made coffee, met my parents there and took my daughter we live in the UK and we had 4 happy people

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 1 October 2019

Having just flown into New Plymouth, we decided to pop down to the beach at Bell Block to explore. After we'd finished, it was coffee o'clock, so we decided to see what was available close by. Brilliant - this cafe. Noting that they served Kapiti coffee, close to where we live, we ordered that and a scone and muffin. All were spot on, and we really enjoyed the food, and the excellent friendly service. So glad we stopped here!

Date of visit: September 2019