All reviews overlooking the river native bush short drive from town deep bath rural outlook bird life the penthouse mt taranaki spa bath small gym a fantastic place to stay new zealand free laundry long weekend one night stay road noise stayed two nights
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Can not recommend this place highly enough. We only had a one night stay here at the end of a rather long road-trip and wish we had booked for another day (or week!). Such a beautiful location with the view and sound of the river from your room, and being surrounded by sheep (and lambs at this time of year which was even better!). The room itself is amazing. We booked and elite studio and having the bath-tub in the bedroom overlooking the river was just divine. The room itself is large, with an amazing bathroom to match. There was no cell reception which was actually a blessing and only added to the stay. There was WiFi though so you weren't completely lost to the world. We will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Lack of privacy and outdoor seating to relax with a glass of wine at the end of the day was disappointing. This was exacerbated by the units not being built to maximise the sun. Most people would appreciate a sunny outdoor area to sit and relax in at the end of the day but there is only one table with two bench seats available and it is placed where there is no afternoon sun. Another consideration is that if you did sit at the table, either in the morning or the afternoon, you are in full view of two other units whose occupants also do not want their privacy violated! I was also frustrated with the WiFi which kept dropping off making it necessary to keep "rejoining". In the end I gave up. It also needs to be mentioned that there is no air conditioning in the room. During our stay the weather was under 20 degrees, but our room was at times uncomfortably hot. It would be difficult to stay here in the heat of summer.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Antoniamcc
Reviewed 28 October 2015

I had business to do in New Plymouth, and needed a place to stay. I took my wife for a change so I looked for somewhere extra nice. Can't even remember how I found 1 Burgess Hill but I'm delighted i did find it. It isn't the cheapest around but it is great value for money. Stunning views of bush and river, remote enough to feel a million miles from town, lovely walks to be had, and that wonderful bath in the window overlooking the river!! I would be a fantastic place to have a company event, with its conference facilities as well. I heartily recommend it for either business or leisure. For me the imperfect communication (WiFi and cell coverage) was a bonus. I had to relax.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights over Labour weekend. This place is a real gem and we could not have asked for anything more. The two bedroom apartment was fantastic, very big and well equipped with all utensils provided. Beautiful bathroom and best of all was the view, serenity, privacy and space. We can't wait to go back here, and would defenitely book in at One Burgess Hill the next time we're in New Plymouth.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2015

A sprawling centre with conference halls, free 24 open gym, free 24 hour laundry facilities, faultless staff, stunning surroundings atop Burgess Hill with a river flowing by out front and sheep grazing throughout the grounds this was a very pleasant opulent splurge in the midst of a bit of a budget run through the North Island. We had originally intended to stay here 2 nights but I managed to screw up my dates. Wish we had of been able to spend the additional time.

Room Tip: We booked #9 and from what we could tell - it was the biggest most spacious of all.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family