“Heavenly Minarapa”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Pheasant Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Taupo, Taupo District, Waikato Region, North Island

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
French first
Any
Valerie P
Marlow, England, United Kingdom
“Heavenly Minarapa”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I have to absolutely concur with all the positive reviews on Minarapa Lodge, the hosts, Pep and Shaun super. Lovely daughters. Spent a wonderful evening on the patio sharing a bottle of wine and talking. The guest room we stayed in was beautiful, with a very calming feeling and very tastefully decorated.

And Pep, if you read this review I should have really tried to sneak away the tubular bells in the hall!!!

Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Management Response
28 Mar 2013
Hello to you! Thankyou for a wonderful review, we loved having you to stay with us. Have a very happy Easter!!
SuMarFlux
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“A true find...”
Reviewed 17 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

A short distance out of Taupo township this place is a true find. Hosted by Shaun and Pepper Bragg (& their 3 beautiful young daughters) this place feels like a 5 star lodge. Recently purchased by Shaun and Pepper they have wasted no time in updating the guest rooms and bathrooms into very tasteful accommodation. The setting is beautiful with a large rambling garden which includes a grass tennis court for the energetic. Their background in hospitality shows through (Shaun is a qualified Chef and Pep has exclusive lodge experience) so nothing is a problem when it comes to organising excursions or deciding on a breakfast or dinner menu. We had a great evening meal with another couple from Austria who were staying. The venison was superb. Hard to find any negatives but maybe if you don't enjoy friendly hosts, great food in a relaxed setting (not to mention value for money) then this might not be the place for you. Great for families and couples alike. This would also be a great setting for a wedding. Good luck for what we are sure will be a busy year ahead Shaun and Pep!

Micrognom...
Perth, Australia
“Culinary highlight of North Island tasting tour”
Reviewed 6 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

11 days of flat out eating great Kiwi food and this was the highlight for both of us. Arriving in Taupo during peak holiday season, we chose the easy option to have Sean and Pep feed us.

What a meal: four item tasting plate, perfectly finished venison in Pinot Gris and Moroccan spices, followed up with a berry fruit roulade and liquorice ice cream dessert. We'd have been crazy to go anywhere else the next evening. My only disaapointment was not bringing back a couple of fat rainbow trout for the master chef's attention (my one decent opportunity got away). So we had the consolation prize of Sean's signature dish, glazed lamb shanks on a seasonal,vegetable stack.

When you add minute attention to detail in plating out, a personal introduction to each dish by the chef and an opportunity to discuss its production over coffee in relaxed company, away from the tourist crowds in downtown Taupo, you've started to work out why we'll be back for a longer stay next time.

Ingrid B
Wellington
“caring hosts in a peaceful landscape”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Minarapa Lodge is a country stay, about 14 km north of Taupo. When you leave the street you drive through an alley of big trees untill you arrive at the house. It is a wonderful place and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. Barbara is born in New Zealand but speaks the German language very well. My English - I am German - is not as good as her German, though I live since 15 years in a country where everyone speaks English. When I asked for help or information I got it: The hosts gave me advises where to go in Taupo, they gave me books to read, they had time for a chat, I got the recipe for the self-baked bread, as I was freezing I got a hot-water bottle for my bed, ....
I had a good sleep in these quiet surrondings and got a square breakfast.
The hosts have a friendly dog and a nice cat.
And I just want to mention: Every corner in this house is clean.
I love this place. But if you want to see the lake Taupo from your room, if you want to be in-town, if you don't like to be in the nature - don't go there.
All others are very welcome!
Enjoy the stay
Ingrid

Travelling group: Solo
susibLond...
london
“APeaceful Retreat”
Reviewed 14 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A very pleasant house with friendly hosts. There is no wifi and Internet access was not offered. The bedrooms are large and well appointed with views of the lovely gardens. As opposed to the other b&bs we stayed at in NZ we were not asked to share evening drinks with our hosts, which, considering the house was a fair drive from Taupo, was a little disappointing. Breakfast, while perfectly adequate was also not to the standard of the other b & bs. We felt the place was expensive when compared with others where the facilities were superior.

Travelling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing