All reviews function centre bridal party next morning nigel wedding reception hosts mount
Reviewed 30 March 2016

We hired the Exclusive package at Bella Vista Lodge for our wedding in March 2016. Brenna and her team did a great job leading up to and during the big day. All of our guests commented on how lovely the breath taking views are, the food and the entire venue.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria M
EagleRidgeLodge, Manager at Eagle Ridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thanks Victoria, hope married life is treating you well!

Reviewed 7 December 2014

Have just arrived home after our daughters dream wedding at Bella Vista Lodge this weekend. What can I say? Throughout the 16 months of planning Dolly has been fantastic. So available to answer questions, offer advise and assist anywhere needed. At all times she strived to give my daughter the perfect day. We hired the entire package and all I can say is wow. The setting, the venue, the attendants were all fantastic. Throughout the entire day Dolly, Michelle and Kay constantly ensured things were perfect. Would thoroughly recommend to anybody wanting a magical, stress free wedding day to check this stunning venue out first. I cannot give Dolly and her fantastic team enough praise. The setting takes your breathe away. Thankyou Dolly we have received nothing but praise for you from many of our treasured guests. It was a day we will always remember xx

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Peddy1

Thanks Peddy1!

Reviewed 1 December 2014

I recently took my niece here for a special occasion high tea.
I had been here on a previous occasion for high tea when we had a most enjoyable time with plenty of lovely food including savouries sandwiches and sweets to accompany the awesome views and grand establishment.
Imagine my disappointment this visit when we were served a quarter sandwich and three small cakes, needless to say, this visit left us feeling very let down.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Suzanne167
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Mick and I had our wedding at this most stunning venue in the Bay of Plenty on the 4th April 2014. We reside in Australia so wanted a wedding with a difference that we could share with my kiwi family and relatives and give the Aussies a stunning getaway excuse. It lived up to everything that we expected on the day. Kay as our host and her team were absolutely fabulous and we could not fault the experience, service and the food quality was outstanding - like it was extraordinary!! We had the most beautiful day that we could imagine, it really was a "Dream Wedding". A marquee was erected out the front of the lodge (thanks Vanessa from Stretch Tents, Bay of Plenty) to give us additional space for our 50 guests. The weather was superb on the day with crystal clear views through to Mt Maunganui and Tauranga and a sunset that was simply breathtaking. We then stayed overnight in the lodge in a luxurious room; four poster bed, spa bath overlooking Tauranga and the Bay; definitely a fairyland with gorgeous cooked breakie the next morning by Kay - just magic!

I put 12 months into organising our wedding and coordinated with their General Manager Dolly Gray. Gee guys, what you produce is not what you advertise, it is so under marketed and under managed, or maybe just confused about who you actually are and how best to market your asset. As a wedding venue the lodge was incredible, but trying to be my own wedding coordinator was a hard slog and very frustrating at times. It certainly does not have to be this way with such a magic venue and product you deliver on the day. You could make it easier on the bride and wedding coordinator by updating your hire decorations - they are very out dated; have at least 6 x colours for chair covers and sashes; have more than 8 trestle tables on-hand; you could hire props eg. blackboards, different styles of aisle decorations, lanterns for a marquee; have some updated professional photos taken of the venue and reception layouts for different styles of weddings both inside and out of the lodge; get a line drawing map done of the venue for invitations, google maps is not accepted by most printers.

I think one of the most important things that needs to be changed is the perspective that you are providing a shell venue, so it is all about what the customer can bring to the venue, instead of what the venue can provide for the customer.

We certainly would like to thank you for such an amazing day, and we wish Bella Vista all the best for the future in fully utilising their asset to allow their amazing product to shine through. Regards Megan & Mick (I have also posted this for Bayview Boutique Lodge).

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank megsjg
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just had a family wedding here at the end of March and what a fantastic venue. The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The food was good too. Hot and nicely presented. The weather was excellent so the happy couple got married on the lawned area with a fantastic backdrop.

Date of stay: March 2014