“Dinner on my own”

Little India
Ranked #65 of 407 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have chosen to present some of the more characteristic, yet legendary dishes from North India, especially the Punjab. Our preparation makes our food beautiful to behold and addictive to the palate.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

As my wife was at a business dinner i was forced to eat out on my own, not something i particulary enjoy.
i chose Little India and was extremely glad that i did. It was probably one of the most enjoyable Indian meals that i have had.
As i arrived at 5-30 p.m. i had the place to myself for the first 30 minutes or so , so naturally the service was fast and friendly.
Throughly recommend.

1  Thank John L

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Late night food is hard to come by in tauranga if you haven't sorted your meal by 8ish chances are (Unless you can stomach a gas station pie) that the next meal you eat is going to be breakfast.
Decided to google dinner options at 9.28pm so was surprised when the online orders were still being taken at little India, we ordered up a storm & had the convenience of being able to pay either via credit card or on collection, Nice touch getting the choice. The online update advised our take out would be ready in 16 mins.
Arrived 14 mins later. As always we were greeted & served by top notch staff & our meals were in hand within 2 mins of walking in the door.
Well worth trying, this little India experience the food is always consistently excellent. Their menu range is extensive. They always pop in a couple of little extras. And the staff are a credit to the owners.
Just like it's name it really is a little India experience
Highly recommend both dine in or take out from here.

1  Thank claudieluv
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Have had a number of meals at the Little India chain of restaurants throughout NZ but the Tauranga one is by far the best in my opinion. Went here on a Friday night with a group of four. We were made instantly welcome and the service throughout the meal was excellent. Shared a number of entrees and mains, luckily all four of us wanted them medium-hot. All the dishes were, in one word, splendid. Taste was sublime. They also have a very interesting wine list. Will definitely go back when in Tauranga again.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Our latest go to for Indian take away. Great tasting curry with friendly service. The catch a curry website is a great idea and you often get a great deal.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Regular diner here and never disappointed by any of the variety of meals I or my wife have chosen. Mild for my wife and medium for myself the meals are truly tasty and cooked to the required heat. My favourite, rogan josh, washed down with a Kingfisher! Good ambience and friendly staff